Here be Dragons!

• 198 Replies

Offline noahtonkin

• Eee Leggy
Here be Dragons!
« on: January 18, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:19:26 pm by noahtonkin »
Quote from: Mike
Anyone bringing whats considered 'filth' submits themselves for a pre-game roshambo from everyone in the room at the time.
OG Games' latest foray into madness... http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2794.0

House Martell. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. House Tonkin, every sunday morning, Unbowed, Unbent...Broken!

Offline Steve H

• Eee Leggy
  • oggames.co.uk
Here be Dragons!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 03:18:57 pm »
Yeah... I love a good ramble-blog!!!!
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

Offline cunningmatt

• Eee Leggy
Re: Here be Dragons!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 03:24:10 pm »
I'm sorry we've already had a blog about putting together a High Elf army this slot is taken!  :wink;m::

Good luck, I look forward to seeing how you get on, I've had a lot of fun painting the brightly coloured Elves so I hope they bring back the joy of the game?!

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

Offline jackhoneysett

• We are the Borg
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 03:31:43 pm »
If the rest of your blog is anything like this amazing rambly stream-of-consciousness, I'm looking forward to it already!  :thumbsup:

I've been having similar Rage Quit-like symptoms, I'm hoping a run of fun/silly games involving things that look pretty (like dragons) will cure it too.

Offline The Trampoline

• We are the Borg
  • oggames.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »
The new VC book has saved me from my meh-quit at least, mainly because I can paint ghouls and skeletons very easily.
Andy

Follow me on twitter @Andy_Trampoline

spikyandy on the Warhammer Forum

Offline noahtonkin

• Eee Leggy
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:07 pm »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:19:49 pm by noahtonkin »
Anyone bringing whats considered 'filth' submits themselves for a pre-game roshambo from everyone in the room at the time.
OG Games' latest foray into madness... http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2794.0

House Martell. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. House Tonkin, every sunday morning, Unbowed, Unbent...Broken!

Offline fatolaf

• Dread Cthulhu
    • OG Games
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »
Good going Noah, look forward to seeing the most expensive DP unit back on the table again (all made out of the mounted lord model)

Offline noahtonkin

• Eee Leggy
Here be Dragons!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 03:40:01 pm »
Good going Noah, look forward to seeing the most expensive DP unit back on the table again (all made out of the mounted lord model)

Yup. Although they may be taking the form of silver helms...

Offline maelzch

• The King in Yellow
    • Siege Rules
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:33:46 pm »
Good to see another conversation-style blog! Looking forward to seeing how Caledor convert across to 8th, it may tempt me into doing my Chrace-themed rarrgh list I've been considering!

. Some however are hard fact. Or at least as close to hard fact as one can achieve in a galaxy where the terms infinite and finite exist and are divisible by each other.

...and small furry creatures from Alpha Centuri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centuri.
Reading Hitchhikers at the moment?

And so my joy continued until I met Lee, Mr Gateway himself... turn 1, irresistible gateway, take off mage with my 2 scrolls, turn 2 gateway. Take off other dragon. Turn 3, gateway, take off phoenix guard).
Ooops, I now feel responsible for your original rage quit of the HE!
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: Nick
And thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris Tomlin
Who knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Offline noahtonkin

• Eee Leggy
Here be Dragons!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:01:10 pm »
Good to see another conversation-style blog! Looking forward to seeing how Caledor convert across to 8th, it may tempt me into doing my Chrace-themed rarrgh list I've been considering!

To be honest I'm only using Caledor for theme.
I don't know how well dragons will run in 8th. And multiple small units of cav are probably sub optimal.
But I'm sure I can elbow in Phoenix guard and white lions to the list. Always thought sword masters died too easily from shooting to make a difference.

Reading Hitchhikers at the moment?
Ooops, I now feel responsible for your original rage quit of the HE!

Not reading, more listening!
Don't worry, it wasn't you that made me quit high elves, was my own inability to make a list!