• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:51:12 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Manchester GT

Started by fatolaf, May 31, 2014, 12:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

May 31, 2014, 12:23:23 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:33:09 pm by fatolaf
Good luck to our own Steven and Guillaime who are at the Manchester GT this wknd...

Steven using BUG control, Gui using TBC

1st round : Gui won and Steven lost

2nd round : Steven lost, Gui lost (16 damage from Purphoros passive ability )

3rd round : Steven lost, Gui lost

4th round : Steven lost, Gui Won

5th round:

Steve H

Yep, good luck guys...
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

roland murat

Not looking like either will  be on the bit that gets shown on youtube then
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

fatolaf

Quote from: roland murat on May 31, 2014, 02:57:19 pm
Not looking like either will  be on the bit that gets shown on youtube then

Yeah Steven will miss the cut despite using the same BUG deck that everyone is using, he says the mana gods have been screwing with him...
Will find out Gui's final tally, but with only 2 losses so far, he still has a chance...

jackhoneysett

Hope you're having a good time guys!

What is the BUG deck that everyone is using, out of interest?

Steve H

Quote from: jackhoneysett on May 31, 2014, 06:07:28 pm
Hope you're having a good time guys!

What is the BUG deck that everyone is using, out of interest?
I think it's the Courser, Caryatid, heroes downfall, silence the believers, kiora doo-dah... There's a few variations on it.
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

Guillaume

I went 2-3 and then pulled out cos I couldn't get to day 2 and was getting bored so I did some chaos drafting, also saw John who pulled out at the same time as me with 1-4 . To conclude, block is the most boring format in existence and I will avoid playing this format if possible (will still help Stevo and jack practice for their block event, but i advise them to just play standard or draft...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guillaume

The mainstream bug deck is the usual removal suite, Kiora, ashiok and sphinx with the courser and caryatid, with some thoughtseizes, psychic intrusions etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatolaf

And of course BUG stands for Black, Blue and Green and it will be everywhere this wknd!

Block format to me is the dullest way to play MTG and I suspect the top 8 will be all the same deck..

BusiMagic

It is interesting to hear all the pros talk about how this is a surprisingly diverse block constructed meta! To be fair the pro tour top 8 had 3-4 different decks.

Block is never going to be that interesting. I guess the argument is that the skill level goes up because you know all the decks better. Not sure I buy that.