• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:56:12 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Legacy

Started by Guillaume, June 26, 2014, 03:30:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

So game 1 was a 2-0 win against imperial painter, game one he failed to asble the combo and I fought through a blood moon (fetched up basics early) to bloodbraid elf into shardless agent into ancestral visions and then bolt him out next turn, game too he had the combo but I red-blasted his grindstone an never looked back.
Game 2 was a 2-1 win against delver, won game 1 with a turn 2 ooze and bolted his delver to just grin out the victory after we both mulliganed to 6 and we both just flooded. He took game 2 as he just waste landed and stifled me out of the game, game 3 took a risk and boarded out goyf and ooze for relic and council's judgement, but got the relic turn 2 and all he had was goyfs and mongoose which ended up as 0/1s and 1/1 respectively and closed out the game with a mystic into batterskull.
Game 3 was a a 2-1 win against death and taxes, game one everything went perfectly and went bloodbraid into shardless agent into mystic into jitte and never looked back, game 2 he ported my only white mana for the whole game and I was stuck with 2 mystics in hand and not much else and he just beat down with Thalia and spirit of the labirinth, game 3 was a really fun Grindy standoff between a shardless agent and a Thalia (he was on 2 so couldn't attack) but I got the jace and bounced Thalia for the win.
Game 4 was a 2-0 win against elves (miraculously), I was in the play game 1 and got a jitte early on and just wiped his board repeatedly, game 2 he sided in progenitus because he thought it would beat jitte, so he got the turn 2 natural order but I proceeded to will of the council his progenitus (best feeling ever)
Game 5 I drew into top 8 but we played out the game and I lost 1-2 against elves where he just Comboed me out turn 2 both games :( (at least it didn't count)
Quarterfinal a I won 2-0 against shardless bug, the deck worked and I just out resourced him game 1 and he just didn't have the top end to beat bloodbraid elf into ancestral visions and drew into 2 bolts to close out the game, game 2 was similar although I went trough a scare against a death right shaman that left me on 2 but with no instants in the yard, but I eventually drew out of it an scavenging ooze carried that day.
Semifinals I lost 2-0 against
Burn, he got triple eidolon of the great revel and just beat down with them as my hand was trapped, game 2 he just bolted me out by turn 4 (he went in to win the tournament though)
All in all I'm happy with the deck but i think I'm gonna add a couple swords to plowshares for cheaper removal and the option to gain life against burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatolaf

Sounds like you were close, well done

JJ

Well done mate.

Burn always pops up when you don't want it to! Tiny life gain will defintiely help and puts you 1 or 2 cards ahead, which is generally all you need.

Guillaume

June 30, 2014, 02:17:13 pm #13 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:18:16 pm by fatolaf
Yh burn generally has loads of near misses and can lose to just 1- 2 life gained, my first outing at irl legacy, was great fun and will look into getting into it more when I win the lottery :P
JJ if ur ever down and have a spare legacy deck I'll be glad to give u a game as I really like the format

fatolaf

How much do you think that deck you borrowed is worth in total?

Guillaume

A couple grand I guess

Guillaume

Also what do u guys think about Dakra mystic as a sideboard plan against miracles? It hasn't found a home in standard but it could completely shut off counter-top

roland murat

Quote from: fatolaf on June 26, 2014, 04:48:58 pm
Wingsteed Rider?

:wink;m::

Certainly worth splashing some white for that card.
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on June 30, 2014, 05:33:43 pm
Also what do u guys think about Dakra mystic as a sideboard plan against miracles? It hasn't found a home in standard but it could completely shut off counter-top

I'm so suprised it has not been used in Standard yet, got my brain whirring upon release, which miracles card is it you plan to SB against ?

Guillaume

The blue white deck that plays counter balance/sensei's diving top combo