• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:01:08 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Manchester GT

Started by fatolaf, May 31, 2014, 12:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

and yh mike is right about coursers and thoughtseize etc... the format is definately alot more skill intensive than standard as players have more information to work with and thus their decisions reflect this, meaning that players with alot of experience will generally make better decisions than newer players, and ol your totally wrong about scrying, ill bet you that 60% of the time you and I would scry different things to the bttom or the top, and 90% of our scry 2 and 3 would be different

fatolaf

By that do you mean you are a better player than me?  :wink;m::

It's an impossible thing to say, unless we play the same deck shuffled exactly the same way, and then I predict we would keep the same cards 90% of the time..
As it is, we play very different decks, very different styles and as I use much less mana than you 99.9% of my scrys are to get land to the top any way :thumbsup:

I used to take this game very seriously, I do not any more, I am also not in awe of Pro players, I do not think they are that much better than a lot of players I know my age who have played the game since the beginning. They like me.  Do not like playing the game for money, ranking etc....

You could give 10 monkeys a net list Esper deck and eventually they would get a top 8 finish... :1st:

Guillaume

esper isnt tier 1 anymore, its jund or junk, and the scrying argument is never going to get resolved so theres no point debating it, but watching the finals of the gp the bug player made several key decisions that i would have done differently, maybe they didnt affect the outcome of the game and maybe they did, but the fact remains that he made them differently than me which shows that he is thinking about other possibilities, and maybe im right and maybe he is but the fact that players have so much more information means that more inexperienced players like me might miss things that more experienced players wouldnt (but the difference is only marginal)

fatolaf

Was just using Esper as an example, the point is the same

shadownova24

Yeah was a great weekend, having a awesome bug deck and losing 0-5.

Having droped at that point i did some side events which was fun plus got some cards signed
Foil Fleecmain Lion plus 3 normal
4 Iroas God
Arulia  :thumbsup:

Then Sunday 1400 entered the standard championship and WON it  :1st:
Had to ID the last game after going 5-0 and splitting the prize which was 16 boosters and £65 cash or £90 store credit but the store we was assigned was shit.

Brought : To much
Painted : not enough

Steve H

Quote from: shadownova24 on June 03, 2014, 04:33:32 pm
Yeah was a great weekend, having a awesome bug deck and losing 0-5.

Having droped at that point i did some side events which was fun plus got some cards signed
Foil Fleecmain Lion plus 3 normal
4 Iroas God
Arulia  :thumbsup:

Then Sunday 1400 entered the standard championship and WON it  :1st:
Had to ID the last game after going 5-0 and splitting the prize which was 16 boosters and £65 cash or £90 store credit but the store we was assigned was shit.
Well done on the win dude!!!

Now sign up for my draft! :)
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

fatolaf

ID a game.??

Well done though fella, how many players were in that event, which deck did you use?

shadownova24

June 03, 2014, 04:47:30 pm #27 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:28:57 pm by fatolaf
I played with R/G Monsters 50 players i think

4 [card]Stormbreath Dragon[/card]
4 [card]Polukranos, World Eater[/card]
3 [card]xenagos god of revels[/card]
2 [card]xenagos the reveler[/card]
3 [card]Boon satyr[/card]
4 [card]Courser of Kruphix[/card]
4 [card]Elvish Mystic[/card]
2 [card]Mizzium mortars[/card]
1 [card]Arbor Colossus[/card]
4 [card]Burning-tree emissary[/card]
3 [card]Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx[/card]
3 [card]Aspect of hydra[/card]
4 [card]Sylvan Caryatid[/card]

Side
2 [card]Ranger's Guile[/card]
2 [card]Mistcutter hydra[/card]
1 Mizzium mortars
and any other big creaturs u have but i didnt use mine

I made a mistake of using 2 Ogre Battle Drivers and domri which i sided out after game one every match for either aspect or ranger's guile.

shadownova24

fatolaf

Quote from: shadownova24 on June 03, 2014, 04:49:12 pm
Intentional Draws

Thought so, why did you have to do it. Was time running out?