• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:09 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

what to do with our cards

Started by Guillaume, May 28, 2014, 03:54:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

so i was wondering what everyone was planning on doing with their m14 and return to ravnica block cards as they are running out of date. As their value is just going to decay until now on, i was thinking that now is the time to sell, unless we agree to keep playing with older cards in the club, so whats the verdict?

Steve H

I'm going to put a playset of each into storage I think... The value of selling them on is so minimal, and I'd be gutted if a modern combo emerged in the future and I had to rebuy!!!
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

JD

There was an idea floated that as everyone started collecting from ravnica we as a club would continue using all cards from that point onwards . Is that something that is still of interest ?

Steve H

Quote from: JD on May 28, 2014, 04:42:03 pm
There was an idea floated that as everyone started collecting from ravnica we as a club would continue using all cards from that point onwards . Is that something that is still of interest ?
I don't have a problem with it...
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

fatolaf

Yeah Ogdern I think was the term Mike coined...

People should be free I think in a club of this nature to use standard, block or Ogdern.....

It's what the York boys are doing as well. So in case we ever do a north vs south mTg event, lets keep hold of our M14 and Rav cards..

roland murat

I gave a pile of rares to Ol to shift but mogern makes sense - stops stuff becoming dead cards
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Guillaume

so what everyone is saying is i should sell everything bar sphinxes revelation ? :P

Guillaume

im just thinking of finances here, but i have £400 ish worth of rtr and m14 crads (ecluding modern playables and lands) and im wondering wether ill actually get use out of them aside from the odd thursday we play ogdern) if everyone is planning on keeping and playing everything then let me know
PS Mogdern sounds better than ogdern

fatolaf

Yep if think Mogdern is that it was.....

Concensus is prob upto you buddy, the value currently of m14 / RTR cards on Ebay is so low, it's whether or not you want to collect, or just keep buying new cards only..
Looking back on the 20 years I have played on and off, I totally regret getting rid  of my cards time after time...

Guillaume

I suppose ur right, and I can always make a cube draft of my own (albeit quite limited in scope) btw iv got a present for u whenever ur back in London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk