• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:00:50 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Cube Draft

Started by JJ, April 15, 2014, 09:54:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which days can you do the next cube draft?

21/6/2014
3 (60%)
28/6/2014
3 (60%)
5/7/2014
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

jackhoneysett

Quote from: Guillaume on June 10, 2014, 07:47:39 pm
im not sure that qualifies as one of the most powerful cards of the format...

Charging badger?

Guillaume

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guillaume

I'm pretty Sure it's too overpowered for the cube :P

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on June 10, 2014, 04:36:11 pm
it wont let me vote again

You only get to vote all at the same time, it's does not allow votes after initial vote

fatolaf

BusiMagic

Quote from: Guillaume on June 10, 2014, 02:34:20 am
i think most people would agree that the most poweful cards of the last 2 sets are sphinxe's revelation, voice of resurgeance,  courser of kruphix, elspeth sun's champion, thassa, god of the sea (which might not work too well in cube) domri rade, polukranos, world eater, stormbreath dragon (which isnt as good as thundermaw so maybe not), brimaz, king of oreskos, boros reckoner, obzedat, ghost council, blood baron of vizkopa, pack rat, aetherling and heroe's downfall (yes i left out stuff like supreme verdict and thoughtseize  because there are older versions or they are just reprints)

That is a good list. Geist of St Traft maybe, Deathrite Shaman plays a similar role to Ooze, maybe Kiora. I know it is essentially a reprint but mana confluence would be a possibility as well. I like nightveil specter as a card but not sure how good it is in cube.

Guillaume

June 12, 2014, 03:46:21 am #76 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:57:49 pm by fatolaf
Death rite is good but not at it's best in draft where graveyards aren't as full and there are very few lands there to make mana, Kiora might be good but I don't think she does enough on an empty board, whenever i have played Kiora I could jut ignore her until she was about to become ultimate, and specter is similar to vampire nighthawk in its role but loses out in draft as the casting cost is restrictive if your not in black/blue and the ability isn't that relevant.
Ps Geist is from innistrad so predates this list (but is still a really good card)

JJ

Given the lack of response I am assuming that this is not happening on Saturday.

Shame :(

fatolaf

Quote from: JJ on June 16, 2014, 12:44:54 pm
Given the lack of response I am assuming that this is not happening on Saturday.

Shame :(

does not look like much is happening at all this Saturday..

I will be down for the 5th, come down for some Conspiracy draft buddy