• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:32:42 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Cube Draft

Started by JJ, April 15, 2014, 09:54:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which days can you do the next cube draft?

21/6/2014
3 (60%)
28/6/2014
3 (60%)
5/7/2014
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

JJ

For those who do not know Cube Draft is a booster draft variant in which the pool of cards is a predetermined set of cards chosen for the purpose of drafting them. The pool of cards is known as a Cube and usually contains a minimum of 360 cards to accommodate an eight-player booster draft. The cards used in a Cube are usually unique so that no card appears more than once in a draft. Typically, the card pool is an amalgamation of powerful cards from throughout the history of Magic, although the card pool can be whatever theme is desired.

I have spent a fair while building a cube. I haven't included some of the newer cards as yet but it is still playable as it stands.

Mine consists of 450 cards so there are always 90 not included so the set always changes.

I need to check the online google doc version of the list, when it is updated I will post it here.

At that stage I am happy to run a few cube draft sessions. Need 8 locked in players though. I will supply everything down to the lands. They are all sleeved to match the cube sleeves which speeds it all up considerably.

So if you are keen to play with some of the more powerful cards in magic without paying the ££££ to do it, this is ideal! See the combos and enjoy soem insane situations!

fatolaf

Put me and and JD for a draft before we leaves, never done a cube, so sounds great..
Prob best for one of our Saturday sessions....

BusiMagic

I would be very up for this. Drafted pauper cube before and it is great fun.

Steve H

If we could find a good date I'd be up for this for sure...
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

JJ

Can we lock in the 10th of May as a date for this?

I will rationalise the list against the cards and prepare packs etc prior to arriving provided everyone is ok with that?

JJ

May 06, 2014, 10:21:25 pm #5 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:05:42 am by fatolaf
All... I have updated the list. Seem some changes I want to make already but this is definitely playable!

(Faulty link removed-Ol)

Enjoy. I think a part of the prizes will be 1 - 2 changes to the cube card set to keep it differing every time.

Guillaume

when i click on the link it tells me the url is invalid, is it the link or computer?

fatolaf

Don't know what half the cards are, but I saw the Avatar of Woe (my all time favourite card)  :thumbsup:

Does this work like a normal draft?

JJ

Foil avatar of woe!

Just like normal draft, only you do not keep the cards at the end. I will pre shuffle and try and deal the packs prior to arriving!

fatolaf

Quote from: JJ on May 07, 2014, 01:27:49 pm
Foil avatar of woe!

:thumbsup:

Quoteonly you do not keep the cards at the end.

:thumbsdown: :wink;m::