• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:40:35 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

AGoT Rules

Started by Draig, October 22, 2010, 01:02:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Draig

Ol, we missed a very minor but interesting rule. Whoever has highest plot card initiative becomes first player. However, they can then declare someone else as first player for all subsequent round of that turn. So if you win initiative but would rather go last, just name the person clockwise round the table. Also useful in Mplayer once alliances and the titles start springing up. Every time I think I have this game down it gets more tactical!

fatolaf

I like that rule alot, I think I should actually read the rules before our next game

Draig

Another one I knew but had forgotten. If a unique character is in your dead pile you cannot bring out another copy. Makes 3 x unique character spam less attractive unless they are crucial to your early game.

And another (last one I promise). Dominance counts standing strength + each gold in your treasury counts for 1 str.

Reread the rules last night and I think thats all of em.

Draig

Answer to the attachment question via a friend of mine who plays a lot. The attachment is not the character unless it confers an ability like Renown or Deadly.

So example a). A sword attachment gives a character Deadly. Against a character who is immune to character abilities, the deadly attachment is worthless and deadly is ignored.

Example b) A sword attachment reads, kneel sword during the challenge phase to kill a participating character. This ability is the swords, not the characters, so the immunity on your charatcer does not protect against it.

Tom Hale

the sword thing sound right to me
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

fatolaf

The Dead Pile rule with unique characters, is harsh! Going to have to look at my decks again now... :cry:

Draig

Quote from: sainthale1988 on October 23, 2010, 11:29:01 am
the sword thing sound right to me

Yeah me too. Logical as far as my brain is concerned.

Quote from: fatolafThe Dead Pile rule with unique characters, is harsh! Going to have to look at my decks again now...

Yeah same. I'd tweaked the Baratheon starter but now I'll have to rethink. Valar just got way more powerful as once a character is gone, they are done for good. Deadly got more intriguing too.

Draig

Had a fun thought on the way home Ol. Saves don't work if two players Valar at the same time. One resolves and kills, then the other resolves and kills whatever is left. Interesting one if your opponent is going to Valar and has saves, you can still surprise him.

fatolaf

Makes sense, going to have a good look at what plots I use from now on for Targ, as I think they are sooo key to winning me thinks...

Draig

Yeah reckon a good 40% of your odds come from those 7 cards.