• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:49 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Can someone please explain

Started by noahtonkin, January 31, 2011, 01:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

noahtonkin

Hi guys.
Is anyone in insurance?

If so can you explain why when I go on websites to look for car insurance i get a quote of £700 for 3rd party, £600 for fully comp, and £500 when i add my missus in on the policy?!

I'm sure these things are supposed to be the other way around!
(not that i'm complaining of course, if they want to make me take out a fully comp policy with my missus on the car too then of course i'll take it!)
Quote from: Mike
Anyone bringing whats considered 'filth' submits themselves for a pre-game roshambo from everyone in the room at the time.
OG Games' latest foray into madness... http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2794.0

House Martell. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. House Tonkin, every sunday morning, Unbowed, Unbent...Broken!

Dave

insurance ceased to make sense years ago, it's now just about marketing rather than actually being related to anything meaningful.

Veldemere

It is simple. £700 because they know your profession is rife with drinkers and you are bound to hit someone! Then £600 for comp as they add excess of £3500 but can get it all back from the underwriters and comp implies that you like your car and are less inclined to ram ferraris. The £500 if you add your girlfriend is due to the fact that women are better drivers, they also never fart, can multitask, withstand more pain and look amazing when they wake up in the morning.

oh, and the insurance companies hope that everyone just goes for 3rd party f&t because they assume (generally correctly) that everyone is stupid and will not be as assiduous as yourself.
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0
In the middle of a rage quit

fatolaf

Well explained Ritchie, brilliant... :thumbsup:

noahtonkin

Ah, so how best to lower it even further?
maybe i should inform them that the car has a home made security device fitted...then leave a dark elf army in the boot. :hydra001: :hydra001:
Quote from: Mike
Anyone bringing whats considered 'filth' submits themselves for a pre-game roshambo from everyone in the room at the time.
OG Games' latest foray into madness... http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2794.0

House Martell. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. House Tonkin, every sunday morning, Unbowed, Unbent...Broken!