• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:50:59 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Music people are into

Started by Stubot, October 19, 2010, 02:12:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

noahtonkin

Oh dear, Have just got the complete studio albums of electric six...
A..MAZING! completely forgot how good they were, senior smoke is a fantastic album
Quote from: Mike
Anyone bringing whats considered 'filth' submits themselves for a pre-game roshambo from everyone in the room at the time.
OG Games' latest foray into madness... http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2794.0

House Martell. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. House Tonkin, every sunday morning, Unbowed, Unbent...Broken!

Blotthrower

I remember Electric Six! I think I've got their first album somewhere......

I've recently been listening to the new Foo Fighters album, never been massively into them but this new album is pretty heavy for them, so that works for me!

http://www.facebook.com/foofighters?sk=app_209000812460148

Also a big fan of Arcade Fire, saw them at the O2 in December and they are one of the best live bands I've seen!

I suppose the rest can be split into currently listening to: Bright Eyes, Janis Joplin, the new REM album (again I'm not really a fan of REM but...) and the Joy Formidable (worth a listen)

and notable mentions: Queens of the Stone Age, Muse, The Decemberists (everybody loves folk!), Daftpunk, Manics & Pink Floyd

fatolaf

April 11, 2011, 12:01:42 pm #32 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:52:26 pm by fatolaf
Just heard this on Radio 6 , mesmerising...

shadownova24

April 11, 2011, 12:35:23 pm #33 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:25:18 pm by fatolaf

Brought : To much
Painted : not enough

Blotthrower

April 11, 2011, 06:41:38 pm #34 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:24:59 pm by fatolaf
Ok, so that Low song is pretty damn awesome.... time to look into them a bit more I think!

One of my favourites from the youtube:

Every time I watch this I want to buy a Uke....

maelzch

My current listening, at all times of day, is Motorhead, can't beat a good bit of grimy blues metal!
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

StarDragonFTW

This morning's Tube Re-mix consisted of

Rammstein
Falco
Cradle of Filth
Iron Maiden
Dream Evil
Eurythmics
2011 Record
Orks            W3, D2, L3
Empire         W1, D0, L6
High Elves    W1, D2, L4

fatolaf

The more I delve into the work of 'Low' the more gems I find...

Veldemere

I am liking the Low stuff, although I suspect an album might be a bit too sophorific. Trivium have some great guitar work and some good tunes but the vocals tend to put me off, surely it is a little early 90s sounding?
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0
In the middle of a rage quit

fatolaf

April 12, 2011, 04:28:25 pm #39 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:30:03 pm by fatolaf
Quote from: Veldemere on April 12, 2011, 04:23:44 pm
I am liking the Low stuff, although I suspect an album might be a bit too sophorific.

Far from it, I have just bought and downloaded the new album, 'C'mon' and it s a masterpiece IMO..

With rousing anthems at the end of the album....

Track 9 of 10