• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 03:26:10 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

'Rango' - A kids film?

Started by khaosgoblin, March 08, 2011, 11:56:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

khaosgoblin

March 08, 2011, 11:56:33 am Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:33:27 am by fatolaf
Those of you without children will not know the heady thrill of being dragged along to pay for & watch some pretty awfull movies (Pokemon 4 was a fairly low point). But there has been a steady improvement with the Likes of Shrek & some great recent movies like UP & Despicable Me (You need to see this for the minions alone).

But I saw Rango at the weekend & was hooked into it staight away, not only is Jonny Depp playing effectively the "Gekko with no Name" in good old fashioned Spaggetti western its an absolute homage to some great movie scenes of the past, I wont list them as that would be a spoiler.

But get past thats in an animation & give it a go!

Mark

PS - Get Despicable Me on DVD its ACE! :))

Stomm

I've got two preschool aged girls. I can probably quote you lines from the tinkerbell films, or sleeping beauty.

I am resisting rango until the weekend though as the wife wants to see it as well. Either that or we'll go to a safari park or preserved railway...

CraigM

Great, I was hoping it would be good as I tend to like the animated ones (having done an animation degree, go figure) plus the fact that I am basically a 6' child at heart.

Up was pretty good, but I love Wall-E and have always had a soft spot for Monster's Inc.

I shall also check out Despicable Me, although I wasn't sold by the trailers.