• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:39:19 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

AGOT - Tourney for the Hand

Started by fatolaf, October 16, 2011, 07:41:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

Pre-Order now
http://www.oggames.co.uk/a-game-of-thrones-tourney-for-the-hand-chapter-pack.html

Darkstar has always been one of the iconic characters for House Martell, and this version is a strong addition to those ranks. At four gold, he keeps his three Strength, as well as his Military and Intrigue icons, but this version takes advantage of the new Joust keyword. Combined with his Stealth, you can sneak by an opponent's stronger character, helping to ensure a victory in the challenge. And Martell has all kinds of great attachments to boost Darkstar, like Taste for Blood (Princes of the Sun, 18) to increase his strength and Dornish Chariot (A Clash of Arms, 20) to further weaken your opponent's defender.

But sometimes with House Martell, you may lose the challenge to win the war. Instead, you could take advantage of Darkstar's passive ability to stealth past your opponent's character with power, moving one of that power onto him. You may now give your opponent the ability to win the challenge, but he will have to kneel a stronger character to do so. If you're running Ellaria Sand (Princes of the Sun, 7) you can steal another power from an opponent's character, netting a two-power swing without even winning the challenge, and if you've attached Oberyn's Guile (Secrets of Oldtown, 92) you get to reveal and add a card to your hand. Your opponent may win the challenge, but you've just put yourself in position to win the game.

Whether you plan to use the new Darkstar from Tourney for the Hand to win your challenges, or to trigger your revenge effects, you'll find that he can be an excellent addition to your deck.

QuoteJoe Becker on Darkstar

I've always been one of those players best described as a "Ned." When I first started playing A Game of Thrones back during the CCG days, I loved building decks focused on the Night's Watch. I don't like to splash cards from outside houses, and often don't even play key neutral characters if they don't fit the theme of my deck. I've also enjoyed building decks based on the arrangements of the great houses. After reading A Feast for Crows and seeing how Doran Martell had agreed to a pact with the Targaryens shortly after King Robert's Rebellion, I've always wanted to build a deck allying Houses Martell and Targaryen.

In last week's article, we were introduced to the latest version of Ser Barristan Selmy (Tourney for the Hand, 10), and I thought this might be the card that helped make my Martell and Targaryen deck come together. The first thing that came to mind was discarding Darkstar (Princes of the Sun, 4) to trigger Selmy's ability and get a free character (or duplicate) into play. It's a fun combo, especially since there are very few burn effects that are not House Targaryen Only, but then I got a look at the newest version of Darkstar (Tourney for the Hand, 12).

Darkstar has always been one of the iconic characters for House Martell, and this version is a strong addition to those ranks. At four gold, he keeps his three Strength, as well as his Military and Intrigue icons, but this version takes advantage of the new Joust keyword. Combined with his Stealth, you can sneak by an opponent's stronger character, helping to ensure a victory in the challenge. And Martell has all kinds of great attachments to boost Darkstar, like Taste for Blood (Princes of the Sun, 18) to increase his strength and Dornish Chariot (A Clash of Arms, 20) to further weaken your opponent's defender.

But sometimes with House Martell, you may lose the challenge to win the war. Instead, you could take advantage of Darkstar's passive ability to stealth past your opponent's character with power, moving one of that power onto him. You may now give your opponent the ability to win the challenge, but he will have to kneel a stronger character to do so. If you're running Ellaria Sand (Princes of the Sun, 7) you can steal another power from an opponent's character, netting a two-power swing without even winning the challenge, and if you've attached Oberyn's Guile (Secrets of Oldtown, 92) you get to reveal and add a card to your hand. Your opponent may win the challenge, but you've just put yourself in position to win the game.

Whether you plan to use the new Darkstar from Tourney for the Hand to win your challenges, or to trigger your revenge effects, you'll find that he can be an excellent addition to your deck.

QuoteDarkstar has always been one of the iconic characters for House Martell, and this version is a strong addition to those ranks. At four gold, he keeps his three Strength, as well as his Military and Intrigue icons, but this version takes advantage of the new Joust keyword. Combined with his Stealth, you can sneak by an opponent's stronger character, helping to ensure a victory in the challenge. And Martell has all kinds of great attachments to boost Darkstar, like Taste for Blood (Princes of the Sun, 18) to increase his strength and Dornish Chariot (A Clash of Arms, 20) to further weaken your opponent's defender.