• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:49 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Custom Decks?

Started by maelzch, December 01, 2009, 12:23:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maelzch

Rightio, after getting an intro game last week and aiming for more next week, I appear to have been bitten by another new game bug!

I was wondering on the subject of customised decks, is the game intended to be played with your deck being a single race or a faction (good/evil)?

I ask as im pondering what to get meself
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Mike

You can build a deck using races from the same 'faction'.. i.e currently you could build one containing Orcs/Chaos/Dark Elves or Empire/Dwarves/High Elves.

The issue with separate races is that the 'loyalty' doesnt stack... i.e if you have a dwarf card that needs 4 loyalty and you have loads of empire down you need 'dwarf loyalty'... so its all about deck management!.... stops you having say a Orc & gobo deck with a bloodthirster... as that would be HUGELY expensive to play!.
In the summer of 2011 he moved North... spreading the word of House OG.

I am Mike of House OG.  Ogger in the North.  And Ginger is coming.

maelzch

ahh, that makes sense then!

So mono-race decks, with possibly a few guest appearances, are a more viable way to do it then?
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Mike

For the moment i'd say so, until more stuff comes out.  Also remember that a deck of 50 is the recommended 'starting' size... the rules speak of 60+ decks.

There are also 'faction support cards' that can be played that allow you to gain loyalty from other races.

Also remember when deck building that you're only allowed 3 of the same card in your deck... i.e no 4 blood thirsters, 5 troll vomit etc.
In the summer of 2011 he moved North... spreading the word of House OG.

I am Mike of House OG.  Ogger in the North.  And Ginger is coming.

fatolaf

Mixed race decks won't be totally viable until the first cycle (6 boosters) has been all released, then there is going to be a HE / DE expansion, with mulitplayer rules touted for it as well..
There will be cards released to lower casting/ loyalty costs etc that will aid the multi race decks..

In the meantime, concentrate on one race and use the fun neutral cards to give it an edge...

The first booster will be in stock on the site by the wknd, RRP £8.99 (and some more starter sets as well)