• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 04:57:22 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

London Riots

Started by Annie, August 09, 2011, 08:59:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

khaosgoblin

When I left the Waaagh! on Sunday evening I saw more Police vans than I thought existed, the presence was massive, no trouble seen though.

However on the news I have now seen shops I passed on my drive north destroyed, its sad that so many people are waking up to find their business or their jobs have been destroyed overnight.

Mark

Tom Hale

sirens all last night as seven sisters road is the main route from central london up towards hackney etc. Apart from the drama at the club not much to report from holloway: losts of shop keepers hanging about looking a bit worried but calm. At work today the general consensus is martial law/ vigilantism/ deporting them all to the isle of man
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

fatolaf

Totally overblown by Sky news , painted a picture that everyone in London was going to die.
I got texts from people from around the country thinking we were all dying...

However getting the train to gatwick from Clapham Junction at 5am this morning was a stressful moment as it looked like we were going to miss our flight due to the cordons etc....

In Sweden now, where the only thing that could riot is a stray moose.... :cool3:

Annie

So wait now.... you all missed a night of gaming?

This is serious stuff!!

prayers for you all!!

:cool3:
I may have the body of a weak and feeble Annie, but I have the heart and stomach of a ghoul!

The Dice Bag Lady Hand made custom dice bags to order!

fatolaf

The staff of the pub panicked after having watched the news, the gangs in junction would have had quite a long walk to get to us...

twas a shame but their call after all, and all the pizza shops and spa's up the hill from the pub closed as well, such was the fear..

Riots in Putney! what ever next... :cool3:

Crompton

Apparently some places in kingston tonight are closing early in case of riots there, heh.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

maelzch

Most of wimbledon closed at 4ish and earlsfield looks like a ghost town tonight!
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Garzini

the Old Kent Road closed earlier.

I wonder if the smell of burning is still in the air at east croydon station. It was very very noticable this morning.
Charge.  Flee.  Your Turn.

Steve H

Just read a tweet that 3 dudes were stabbed outside tooting broadway station earlier... Hmmmm, total lies. I have not seen a single person out on my road. I think people are being sensible and staying in so the police can deals with any c*nts that ruin it for everyone.
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

Meals

If they're anything like me, everyone's probably at home on the couch with some popcorn waiting for the show to start...
There is no problem in life that can't be solved with Heroic Killing Blow:
Plague Furnace, Abomination, Hydra, Wyvern, Arachnarok, Engine of the Gods, Zombie Dragon, Vargulf, Hellcannon. To be continued...

If we assume that there are infinite universes, then in at least one of them, I'm banging Emma Watson. Awesome!