• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:48:45 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

London Riots

Started by Annie, August 09, 2011, 08:59:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I may have the body of a weak and feeble Annie, but I have the heart and stomach of a ghoul!

The Dice Bag Lady Hand made custom dice bags to order!

Stomm

London's a big place. I heard some sirens, but no more than usual...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.605112,-0.197372

Crompton

We got asked to leave the pub last night at about 9:30 as they were worried the riots were coming their way. Other than that all fine to my knowledge.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

jackhoneysett

As far as I can tell unless you're a JD Sports or a Debenhams you'll probably be safe.

Annie

Lots of people on way home from work etc getting dragged into it.. as well as the poor sods who happen to live about some shops....
I may have the body of a weak and feeble Annie, but I have the heart and stomach of a ghoul!

The Dice Bag Lady Hand made custom dice bags to order!

Meals

Quote from: jackhoneysett on August 09, 2011, 11:24:45 am
As far as I can tell unless you're a JD Sports or a Debenhams you'll probably be safe.

I also noticed that a Ladbrokes was being destroyed at every location as well. Apparently gambling is bad mmmkay.

I had some friends who didn't get much sleep last night but everyone I know seems to be fine.
There is no problem in life that can't be solved with Heroic Killing Blow:
Plague Furnace, Abomination, Hydra, Wyvern, Arachnarok, Engine of the Gods, Zombie Dragon, Vargulf, Hellcannon. To be continued...

If we assume that there are infinite universes, then in at least one of them, I'm banging Emma Watson. Awesome!

maelzch

all seems good atm, here's a map of places that went batshit mental last night:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207192798388318292131.0004aa01af6748773e8f7

the highlight so far has to be the Turkish community in Dalston uniting in the streets and chasing off the rioters!
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Happy Little Gekko

Yay turkish people, can we rent them out to stand outside our house?
"ohh...look... a red button-looking-thingy just waiting to be pressed....!"

The Trampoline

Quote from: Meals on August 09, 2011, 12:07:59 pm
I also noticed that a Ladbrokes was being destroyed at every location as well.

One positive thing to come out of this.
Andy

Follow me on twitter @Andy_Trampoline

spikyandy on the Warhammer Forum

CraigM

We came back off holiday yesterday and came via Clapham Junction, only to find out they started rioting exactly where we had been waiting for the bus outside Debenhams! Very scary.