• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:50:46 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Club Attendance

Started by fatolaf, November 15, 2012, 01:59:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

Attendance has been appalling at the club (lowest for years) since the summer  so much so that I have considered closing it or maybe going down to one night a week.
I have put a lot of time and effort into running and establishing this club and I am proud of what it has become.

However since the summer, the bookings and amount of players has been falling and falling.

So much so that I have lost count of how many nights it has often just been me and JD for instance playing a single game .
I am loath to ever close the club on an empty night, as we often get new players turning up. But I'm not sure I can carry on in this vein.

So with one last throw of the dice:

We are trying to kick start some mass appeal campaigns, league, Board game nights to get people back into the club.
We are going to finally get some more lighting in next week, and now that the heating has finally been sorted, we should have a much brighter, warmer club for those winter months ahead.
We have a new desert board at OG towers, and new boards are planned to replace the tattered green ones.
We have plans for a dedicated Dust and Star Wars board and plan on having these games set up for pick up games on both club nights.
We have a lovely new set of games for the club, including Descent, NetRunner, Battle lore, Dystopian Legions and Super Dungeon Explore with many others due

The club does need your support guys, if the low numbers continue in Q1 2013 the pub (which has other options) will not carry on letting us have the room solely and so cheaply...

So please sign up for this, or the new 40k league (starting soon), or sign up for the boardgames when they come up. Let me know on here what you would like to see at the club and anything we can do better.

Most importantly, attend, play games, tell your friends..
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!  :thumbsup:

lagar312

After a month out i'm raring to go!!!

Excluding 40k (i'm sure i'll get sucked back in at some point but must finish the daemon army before i even contemplate my pre-heresy marine army) as such i'll be along as often as possible and will be signing up to as much as i can... time allowing of course!    :wink;m::

cunningmatt

Apologies I know my attendance has been a bit shaky of late, although I know December is a bit of a tricky month I will do my best to try and be along a bit more - after all I need to learn the 40K ropes and get more material for blogging.

Cheers for your tireless work to improve the club, slightly concerned that the improved lighting will make people realise my painting is actually not that good - and that I'm not the all round good looking guy I claim to be!  :))

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

Amer Iqbal

Ill certainly try to get some mates down - love having a club so close to home  :thumbsup:
Amer Iqbal

follow me on Twitter @amer_e_iqbal

Raffazza

From next week should definitely be able to come once or twice a week (will even get the bus so can drink  :thumbsup: ) - got new Warhammer armies to break in!
Would give 40k a go, but not buying an army right now - so pencil that in for some point next year

Way too fantastic a place to shut down Ol!

Ol - Necromunda may be a goer? Like Mordheim etc its a good one for getting interest - and does not rely on specific people to make it for it to work - and the rules are free!!

Quannum

This club is too good to close down - I will continue to aim for making it down for at least one session a week!

Also good to hear about facilities updates - new lighting will be fab.

Come on, OGers, it's on us!

Sami

TkaiC

Am already in the WFB campaign (so I should have been down tonight...ah.) and very keen for the 500pt version.  Similarly interested in a 40k league as I need to learn the system as well as paint my pretty space elves.

I'll try to get more people down.  If I fail, well, I'll just have to up my drinking to compensate.

On twitter @tomfeattom - I talk about my band, rock climbing, baking and am sometimes funny*.
*Funniness is subjective and in no way guaranteed.

CraigM

This time of year certainly does seem a bit quieter for gaming. Other London clubs are not overly busy either. Autumn/Winter seems to be a bit of a downtime for tournaments, so I guess a lot of people don't have as much of a burning desire to play as often.

On a personal level I've enjoyed coming back to the club a lot more recently, although finding the time to game at the moment is getting increasingly difficult! I'm hoping that when tournament season picks up again in the new year I (and others) will feel more inclined to make time for gaming - but at the moment it has somewhat slipped the priority list.

Angelus Mortifer

I'll still be down every Monday night as usual matey, and if I can twist the wife's arm every once in a while to sneak in an extra Thur, I will. OG is my antidote to life, so closing will leave you with a death on your hands  :wink;m::
"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to take us to victory, and wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father - Sanguinius holds it all." Horus

CraigM

Quote from: Angelus Mortifer on November 15, 2012, 08:45:15 pm
I'll still be down every Monday night as usual matey, and if I can twist the wife's arm every once in a while to sneak in an extra Thur, I will. OG is my antidote to life, so closing will leave you with a death on your hands  :wink;m::

Silver linings and all that...

Angelus Mortifer

"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to take us to victory, and wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father - Sanguinius holds it all." Horus

Crompton

I'm kind of taking a bit of a break from gaming at the moment. Just want some down time to recharge the batteries for next year. However, I'm always interested in a night of board games, not having to carry big heavy bags around in the cold/wet is always appealing, especially when you add in beer.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Tom Hale

On that note. 29th, night before my birthday, big game of AGOT: it's on!
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

Crompton

Quote from: sainthale1988 on November 17, 2012, 12:45:59 am
Count me in. I've got the day off work on the friday so it is all good  :beer2:
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Undead Dan

Might try and make it down for that as I really want to play it now I've watched the show/read the books!

bart

Tom, pretty much any other date for AGOT, and I would join to disrupt your intro to the game. Just can't do 29. Bugger

fatolaf

Quote from: sainthale1988 on November 17, 2012, 12:45:59 am

And other new games on the same night will be making their debut

DarkStalker

Aye, more board-type games would certainly get me back down more (can't make the 29th I'm afraid).

PM sent to Ol with a few other ideas...

roland murat

Other new games? Got any teasers Ol?
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Jal

Apologies, new job means Mon/Thurs are almost always a no go for me now - I tend not to finish til 8pm at earliest and by then I just want to go to bed

fatolaf

Quote from: Jal on November 20, 2012, 07:20:46 pm
Apologies, new job means Mon/Thurs are almost always a no go for me now - I tend not to finish til 8pm at earliest and by then I just want to go to bed

wondered where you had gone, try to pop in for a beer before Xmas buddy at least  :thumbsup: