• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 02:38:36 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

The SkavenBlight Threat - Review and Discuss

Started by fatolaf, December 03, 2009, 02:01:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

December 03, 2009, 02:01:43 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:57:07 pm by fatolaf
Having just bought the first pack, all I can say is wow!
Very pleasing mix of cards, which will really help the game along..

A small review from me on the pack, do not read on if you want to keep it a suprise

[spoiler]
First lets deal with the cards from the first four races.
There are 3 of every card unless marked in (x)...

Empire:
They gain a Halberdier unit, that at 2:2 is quite a hardy unit for 4 to cast..
Also it can be played from your hand as though it were a tactic, this is going to be so much fun (basically it emulates the detachment rule)..

Infiltrate (1) is a tactic that for one cost only lets your opponent draw one card that turn, this IMO could be game winning...Will need to do some swaps to get 2 more of these in my deck..

Dwarves:

Gurni's Elite: Rockhard Elite unit that can only be used in the battlefield, 3 to play (+ 3 loyalty) but are 3:1, you can get these bad boys out turn 2 and really start doing some early damage, something Dwarves really need..

Stand your ground (1): Cheap tactic that lets you bring back a dead unit from that turn and can put it in a different zone, a great card for stunties...

Chaos:

Mixed bag for them IMO..

Bolt of change (1): Mental spell that turns a development for one turn into a 2:2 unit that still counts as a development..

Chosen of Tzeentch: Not keen on this one, a 1:2 unit that if in the quest zone has an action you can use once per turn, spend a resource to do one damage to a damaged unit....

Orcs:

Gets the best cards so far..

Spider Riders: WOW these are great, 1 to cast for a 0:1 unit that becomes 2:1 when it attacks, got to love it..

War Paint: 0 to cast, gives a unit +1 hammer for every damage on that unit, the possibilites of combos with present cards are frightening... Again you get 3 of these..

HE and DE, not going into too much detail as there are still no where enough cards put yet to play them, but HE look okay, you get 3 cards in this..
DE have a mental unit that will have people going WTF!, plus a tactic card that will cause some issues on the rules front me thinks...DE gets 7 cards

Neutral:

Abandoned Mine (1): gives you 2 hammers plus if played in your kingdom, lets you return a development to your hand, this is excellent, you can use expensive cards as develpoments early doors and then return them when you can afford to play them, or simply just need them...Ace!

Forge: Okay, lowers attachement cards playing cost by 1 if you have this and 2 developments in your kingdom zone....

Now the sad part, Skaven are neutral cards but can only be used by Evil players... :bash;m:
No skaven in my Empire deck then....So how do the rules work for neutral cards now then, do you pick your own entirely or just have evil ones as part of your normal deck and then still pick 10 neutral at random like before..?

Anyway Skaven:

Thanquol (1): This guy is mental, 3 to play and he is a 1:1 hero, he can attack from ANY zone and gains a hammer for every unit of skaven you control, this could get messy...

Clanrats: 2 cost for a 1:1 unit, that if you corrupt one you give another skaven unit +1 attack..

Warp Lightning Cannon: 2 to play, a support card that you attach to a unit and then it corrupts them, after they have recovered, they gain 3 hammers...Nice

Last the Order of Good get one neutral card, only they can use.

Marius the righteous (1): 4 cost for a 2:4 hero witchhunter, if in the quest zone he can spend 1 resource to deal 1 damage to a corrupted unit, this action is also stackable, ie he can do it several times in one turn...[/spoiler]

I look forward to seeing the new units in action....

Mike

Remember Ol,  The have 40 cards and get 10 random neutral cards is the basic 'starter' game.

They will be assuming by this point that players are just building their own decks i.e not drawing random neutral cards.
In the summer of 2011 he moved North... spreading the word of House OG.

I am Mike of House OG.  Ogger in the North.  And Ginger is coming.

fatolaf

Yep true, but I kinda like the random neutral card element...

fatolaf