• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:25 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

OG Day Out to Salute 2014

Started by Deathwing_Matt, February 23, 2014, 12:47:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathwing_Matt

Gents,

Thought I'd put up a post to see who would be interested on an OG Games day out to Salute at the Excel Centre on Saturday 12 April. It's probably the biggest and best wargames show in the UK (depending on whether you're a Gamesday Fanboy or not).

More info on the show can be found at http://www.salute.co.uk/salute/salute-2014/

Perhaps we could combine with a few beers afterwards if ppl fancy it.

Let's me know your thoughts,

Matt
Check out my Tale of OG Gamers Blog: http://ruinsofcaliban.blogspot.co.uk/

fatolaf

roland murat

As is traditional I'll be there as going with my Dad. I guess we will be arriving a little after 10 and I'll be sure to say hi if I see anyone.
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Angelus Mortifer

Hmmm, I could be interested in that.
"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to take us to victory, and wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father - Sanguinius holds it all." Horus

bart

Have a look at this one;

Prodos Games Ltd.   GM04   P   Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Reconstruction

I'm tempted to go just to have a look at what these guys have to offer. The original Warzone used to be a huge hit for a few years in where I originally come from (Poland) some 15 or so years ago - this is what got me into wargaming.

The system suffered slightly from unbalanced fractions and some not very nice models, and then came out a second edition which was rubbish and killed it off.

But the universe is brilliant - somewhat steampunky 40k, and if the new rules are any good this can be an alternative to the tired 40k. The original game was designed as a small scale skirmish, I guess this is the same.

First ime in years when I am actually excited about a new toy soldier game...

fatolaf

February 24, 2014, 10:31:05 am #5 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:28:33 pm by fatolaf
So we have

Ol
Matt
Seb (tbc)
Bart (tbc)
Stevo (tbc)
Tom H (tbc)

Any more?
Would be a fun day out for those not at SCGT

Steve H

If I decide to drop from SCGT I'll come... Just need to see if I was an idiot and got a non-refundable room.
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

fatolaf

Quote from: Steve H on February 24, 2014, 04:35:38 pm
If I decide to drop from SCGT I'll come... Just need to see if I was an idiot and got a non-refundable room.

I'm sure you will be able to sell room to someone on TWF

Tom Hale

HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

fatolaf

So I know me and Stevo are def going, who else is coming..
So we can plan meet up etc....

roland murat

I'll be there but as part an outing with my Dad (he's getting very excited) - won't be able to join the fun and games but hopefully bump into you lot for a chat.
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

bart

Tom Hale

confirmed i'm free so i'm coming. As i live a lot closer to the excel i can meet you guys there. Any though so far when you guys are wandering up?
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

fatolaf

April 01, 2014, 04:41:27 pm #13 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:05:40 pm by fatolaf
Me and stevo will be travelling up from saaf london, so will aim to be there for 12
So maybe we meet up at entrance or see you inside if you want to get in earlier...

Deathwing_Matt

Cool - I'm planning to get there when it opens to grab some FW goodies. Will probs have to disappear off about 12:30pm though...
Check out my Tale of OG Gamers Blog: http://ruinsofcaliban.blogspot.co.uk/

bart

Ol+Steve, I'll meet you @12 at the entrance

Steve H

In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!