• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:26 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

2015 New Year Gaming Resolutions

Started by fatolaf, December 19, 2014, 12:08:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

OG Tradition, what are your gaming resolutions for 2015??

Mine in no particular order are...

1) build 2 Bolt Action gaming boards, a Jap POW Camp and a French Village (I have all the buildings and material, just need to get my arse into gear and do it)

2) paint my German Occult Army for bolt action

3) learn Malifaux

4) Arrange and run my first event since moving up north

5) play a new boardgame every week (which I have been doing the last few months)

6) start playing the Call of Cthulhu card game again and encourage new players, it's by far the best CCG/LCG ever made imo....

Idiotproof Dalek

Finish painting my Orcs
Finish painting my High Elves (see a theme here?)
Play more Woehamma
Start Warhammer Quest Lair of the Orc Lord
Play Settlers of Catan (sorry I flaked out of coming down yesterday but reckoned there were still enough players to make it work

Guillaume

1) qualify for the pro tour
2) make day 2 at a Grand Prix
3) get a playset of signed dig through times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve H

1) Build my MTG cube... Well underway but a load to do

2) Attend both MTG GP's in the UK this year - have as much fun as possible at both - I will not day 2... Winning some games would be nice!!!

3). Paint a Bolt Action army... Finally!
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

fatolaf

Quote from: Steve H on December 19, 2014, 12:42:43 pm
1) Build my MTG cube... Well underway but a load to do

2) Attend both MTG GP's in the UK this year - have as much fun as possible at both - I will not day 2... Winning some games would be nice!!!

3). Paint a Bolt Action army... Finally!

4) come see me up north

Steve H

Quote from: fatolaf on December 19, 2014, 01:34:56 pm
4) come see me up north
Id like to have 1 and 3 in place before I do that so we can play some games! ;)
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

fatolaf

Meh, dont need a cube just a few decks and an army...

underscore

Just the two for me this year:

1) Finish off my Khorne Legion - just a few units then I'll be done (famous last words), but my pace is so slow now that taking all year seems likely.

2) Get to an X-Wing event or two, don't embarrass myself too much.

I'd also say 'try more games', but that should just be taken as standard anyway. :)

Edit: Although, saying that, playing some more Dredd would be good at some point. I'm not sure what the state of that game is after Warlord took them over.

roland murat

1) Finish the WotR army
2) create something that can compete
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

TkaiC

Well, looking back over my 2014 resolutions:

1.  No one seems to want to play Dreadball, sigh, I think it's a great game and if I can persuade anyone to play I'm sure they'll agree!

2.  Bretts/Blood Angels/Imperial Guard - all went on hold at various points in the year due to new books (alleged only in the case of the Bretts!).  My planned mech-Angels are a no go, so I just need to think of a better list, still love me some Space Vampires.  The Imperial Guard actually had a few runs out in 6th and a keen eye on Ebay has netted me loads of old metal Catachans so they should get a game or two of 7th, with some rather Traitor-Guard vehicles.

2015 Resolutions

1. Finish the Skaven army.  Very little to do now, just a second unit of Jezzails, Plague Furnace and (finally) convert the old style Screaming Bell to not look too weedy.  This will never happen as it's just so tiny, cue a purchase of the plastic kit later in the year  :wink;m::

2.  Lots of painting.  I have Space Wolves (da*n you Stormclaw box set), Catachan Traitors, ghostly Bretts and Blood Angels in various states of stripping/converting/painting.  I need to knuckle down and paint.

3.  Get back into magic - I know I'm getting some Khans decks for me, the Mrs and her brother to play over xmas itself, so willl have legal cards for a year or so, win!

4.  As usual, play more. 
On twitter @tomfeattom - I talk about my band, rock climbing, baking and am sometimes funny*.
*Funniness is subjective and in no way guaranteed.