• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:31:15 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Anyone know any forums worth checking out?

Started by Rob P, October 30, 2009, 11:45:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob P

so now instead of reading the bbc news website when having a cuppa i have started to frequent the huge numbers of wargaming forums the nets supplies in ample quantitites.  does anyone else have any favourites (apart from, of course, the OG Forum) they could suggest I check out?  particularly interested in uk based ones as US seems to dominate.

Veldemere

Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0
In the middle of a rage quit

fatolaf

Are you looking for a system specific one or a race specific one?

Otherwise the generic ones boil down to TWF and Warseer

Rob P

generic stuff really- i just like having a browse- the warhammer forum one i've come across but I didn't really have a proper look at it at the time- seemed to me to be the main one for tournament news and general chatter- i'll have another proper look now.

never come across the warseer one before but will also have a look.

thanks guys

fatolaf

Warseer is huge, a lot of whiners and kids on there but if you avoid the rules sections, there is a lot of good stuff on there, plus links to a lot of Ezines and other sites....

StarDragonFTW

November 04, 2009, 10:47:28 am #6 Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:41:24 am by Veldemere
http://www.warhammer-empire.com -> For all your Empire Needs.

Some nifty Articles,stories and galleries and everything Empire!
2011 Record
Orks            W3, D2, L3
Empire         W1, D0, L6
High Elves    W1, D2, L4

Veldemere

Yeah Warhammer Empire is a good one, just careful not to get too close to some of the off topic stuff, when things get political on there everyone slips something to the right of Ghengis Khan!
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0
In the middle of a rage quit

StarDragonFTW

Quote from: Veldemere on November 04, 2009, 11:43:00 am
Yeah Warhammer Empire is a good one, just careful not to get too close to some of the off topic stuff, when things get political on there everyone slips something to the right of Ghengis Khan!

Especially the Americans. oh btw got a PM on there from Wissenlander re Animosity 4 Online campaign. He also said to say "Tell Veldemere he is a git" not sure what thats about though..
2011 Record
Orks            W3, D2, L3
Empire         W1, D0, L6
High Elves    W1, D2, L4

Funkadelic Erik

Sounds like he's chanelling the feelings of the general populace.
Official Sniper, Troll, Bad Egg and Forum Antagonist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnG6EHh1N4

Pledge 2010: Bought 20 Painted 71