• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 11:30:23 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Dremel

Started by Blue Moon, October 05, 2009, 10:16:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Moon

I want to do bit of fine detail work on my knights' horses' barding. I've tried using a craft scalpel, and although the results are not bad, I think the cut is a little fine, and although I've been careful, I think I could get it neater with a better tool.

Does anyone have a Dremel, and have any experience using it or any advice?

Another Richard

Are you trying to do some of those swirls that GW painters often add, if so that is generally all paint effects rather than sculpting.  Engraving with a dremel is tough enough on a flat surface on a model it's going to be impossible surely?

For stuff like this I'd stick to addinf a very thin layer of greenstuff and sculpting into that. Any material that you don't need can be scraped off and after a day it can be filed to get smooth finishes.

maelzch

Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Blue Moon

I think you're probably right. I'll see what happens when I undercoat and paint it.

Another Richard