• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:25:23 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Wargaming New Year Resolutions 2012

Started by Blotthrower, December 27, 2011, 12:37:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Marauder Mitch

1) paint all my WM and mainly my Khador and learn them in the Slow Grow

2) Sell all my unused and unpainted WFB models

3) Go to a few more 2 day events

4) Get top Menoth at either Welsh Open or Masters

Dave

Finish 3 more wfb armies to tabletop standard. (dwarfs, we, lizzies & tk done) skaven+2 others fiinished in 2012 (empire+daemons likely as all plastic)

Finish painting all my malifaux stuff. (1 crew & 4-5 other figs). Then preferrably only buy what I plan to immediately paint.

Avoid spur of the moment buying 'because it's cheap'. To achieve this I need to partake in 'the pledge'.

Offload unwanted and unnecessay models I have (like 100 odd clanrats when I've 200 painted already).

Play fun armies and avoid netlisting, gonna see what takes my fancy, TK most likely but need more painting.

Garzini

1) Paint the rest of my warriors figures

2) Paint all the rest of my Dystopian Wars (and learn the new rules PROPERLY)

3) Play some Malifaux

4) Terrain, Paint it....
Charge.  Flee.  Your Turn.

Crompton

1) Get my Dwarfs painted to a decent standard (hopefully by Lee).

2) Paint my Trollbloods myself (probably not to a decent standard).

3) Play some games with said (badly) painted Trollbloods.

4) Go to a Planet OG 40k event and play with as many Harlequins as Ol lets me.

5) Play in a Waaargh without the Dwarfs just to see what a magic phase is.

6) Finish in the top 50 of the WFB rankings.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

shadownova24

Well for my new years resolutions will go as followed

1) Finish the Space wolves and there fluff with battle reports etc

2) Get best general with the skaven at a tournement

3) Get a podium finish at a tourniment

4) Finish the Warriors of chaos

5) Enter a tournement with my Warriors of chaos

6) Get a Blood Bowl team done and learn the rules
Brought : To much
Painted : not enough

Meals

Hmm, tricky...

1.  finish my retribution stuff

2. Top quarter at Sheffield slaughter

3. Mid table mediocrity with the eldar at vanquish.

4. Start working on the Apocalypto high elves.

5. Finally and most importantly: Drop more than 6 comets in one game of warhammer :D

Otherwise, just the usual stuff like Party my way around Europe, get a new job down under, finally find a steady girlfriend rather than one offs etc etc...

There is no problem in life that can't be solved with Heroic Killing Blow:
Plague Furnace, Abomination, Hydra, Wyvern, Arachnarok, Engine of the Gods, Zombie Dragon, Vargulf, Hellcannon. To be continued...

If we assume that there are infinite universes, then in at least one of them, I'm banging Emma Watson. Awesome!

Tom Hale

1. Aquire and paint a goblin bloodbowl team
2. Finish the Skaven army (a bit of rebasing and washing and a few 'sub optimal inits')
3. Get rid of all the stuff I'm not going to realistically use
4. Get a podium in a non waaagh singles event
5. Top 40 in rankings
6. Attend all practice events for welsh ETC (play if picked)
7. Play as much AGOT as possible! Play all factions and a 6 player game
8. Catch up on all the reading I'm behind in
9. Paint at least 5 models a week (unless I get everything painted!!)
10. Get a new non bent 40k army
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

lagar312

Mine for the year are:-

1. Get both my beasts and Ultramarine armies painted to a decent standard.
2. Get top beast at one non-OG tournement.
3. take the Ultramarines to a 40k tournie.
4. Generally game more
5. Find a set of dice that don't keep coming up 1's  :blush:

v3n

1. Stop suffering from shiny toy syndrome

2. Paint any one of the dozen half finished models on my desk

3. Get most of my wood elves finished to the best of my ability

4. Run another single day event

5. Have more fun, isn't that kind of the point of a game?

The Trampoline

Only halfway into the first day of 2012 and I'm already thinking of breaking mine. Having decided I'm going to take a break from warhammer and play board games instead I'm going to settle on the following.

1) Continue with army challenge each month to build a 2400point Vampire Counts army. Hopefully this should be finished by June so I can concentrate on my dissertation instead (put painting on hold.) This includes writing up the campaign Ed and I play each month, first report end of this week.

2) Go Cold Turkey in February - no more miniatures, pick up what I should need for VC in January, and maybe some devastators for my space marines. After that no more miniature buying.

3) Continue working on Altdorf Empire Army and Crimson Fist Space Marines throughout the year, see if I can finish my Space Marines before June and investigate whether 6th edition is worth playing.

4) go to Winter War, and the Bristol two dayer and see how I do, how much I enjoy the games and access whether I want to continue going to tournaments over the year or otherwise take a break.

5) Paint up and play with my Dreadfleet, might look at doing one ship and one piece of terrain a month to get it done by the end of 2012.

6) Work on something none gaming and more hobby. A diorama that I've been thinking of the last few months involving the fulcrum with the spiral stairs and a number of heroes battling chaos minions on it, to stop a dark ceremony on top (warhammer quest style.) To be realistic alongside with my other hobby wishes, I'll sketch it out during the next couple of months and then put it on hold until October/November and start it after my course is over. It'll be a nice little 2012 late autumn hobby thing to do. 

Hopefully a bit more achievable.
Andy

Follow me on twitter @Andy_Trampoline

spikyandy on the Warhammer Forum