• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:47 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Films / TV - What yer watching?

Started by fatolaf, March 15, 2012, 02:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

British remake of the classic Danish Trilogy, Part one due out in May complete with a fab sounding soundtrack by Orbital..Cant wait....

Pusher (Part 1)

Undead Dan

I'll watch the trailer later, it sounds loud. But the preview pic certainly has my attention!

fatolaf

Veldemere

Well, I hope you are all watching Daybreak!!
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0
In the middle of a rage quit

cunningmatt

Quote from: Veldemere on March 23, 2012, 09:14:50 am
Well, I hope you are all watching Daybreak!!

I presume from this you're now working on Daybreak? Hello from a former GMTVer - I was dealing with your picture library only yesterday. (Apologies to everyone else who will find this post very media luvvie!).

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

Veldemere

and I was poking around your old edit suite!

(no apologies for the weak innuendo!)
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0
In the middle of a rage quit

cunningmatt

Old Edit 7 up on the 6th floor? I wonder if my neatly written board of cartoon information is still there?!

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

DarkStalker

Quote from: Veldemere on March 23, 2012, 02:45:16 pm
(no apologies for the weak innuendo!)

quite... much more and we may need ask you two to go get a (green) room :p

maelzch

Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

maelzch

Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

The Trampoline

I'm watching Dexter at the moment, first two seasons were pretty awesome, third season seems a bit slow.

Also True Blood Season 5, got to love the vampire soap opera!
Andy

Follow me on twitter @Andy_Trampoline

spikyandy on the Warhammer Forum

roland murat

I really liked Dexter - only got to see the first 2 serieseseseseseseseses (oh when to stop) and can't get FX where I live  :cry: So many good shows on that channel.
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

jackhoneysett

Watching Twin Peaks again - it's soooo good!
I recommend looking it up if you like old-style American diners and creepy surreal crime drama.

The Trampoline

I watched it last year, very good, mix of ordinary wholesome America and surreal darkness, although after they found Laura's Killer I felt it went a bit downhill.
Andy

fatolaf

When Twin Peaks was first released the traffic lights (in the intro) were actually the bookies favourite to be Laura's killer..
The reasoning was, you never saw the again the whole series,  :cool3:

Not actually that far fetched from the actual killer..

Second series with the chess killer, was total rubbish and should never have been made..

Sascha1706

++Thought of the day: Death is no excuse for failure++

"Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards"
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

The Trampoline

Andy

Nick

Just watched the first series of Game of Thrones. Awesome. That is all.

Also rewatched the whole, eight-series box set of West Wing. God that was a good show, probably the best program about politics ever made, either side of the Pond.

And saw The Pacific, pretty good but not as good as Band of Brothers. Which reminds me I need to watch that again.

Haven't been to the cinema in a while, but today G and I saw Prometheus 3D. I liked it, the 3D actually works in a way I hadn't expected it to, and there are a massive amount of smile-worthy ideas. Unfortunately the actual plot was ultimately a pretty empty rehash of umpteen films we've seen before, including the Alien and - embarrassingly - A v P movies. Also I really object to a film that intentionally sets up the sequel, and this was a film without a climax if ever I've seen one. Having said that, Noomi Rapace was IMO just as good as Sigourney Weaver in the original Alien.

On TV I'm watching Stargate Universe (eight eps in, and wow can I see why they canned it, man is it badly paced); Spartacus (fun, but takes its gratuitous sex and violence a bit too seriously); and The Walking Dead (going downhill since the first series but still worthwhile).

Sascha1706

Quote from: The Trampoline on June 24, 2012, 06:45:29 pm
Yes, what do you think of it?

I think it's great! The 60's style is great, the acting is very good most of the time and the writing is pretty good too.

And Don Draper and Roger Sterling have the greatest quotes... :cool3:
++Thought of the day: Death is no excuse for failure++

"Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards"
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

roland murat

Pacific started with a lot of promise but I think it spent too much time looking at the home front and I lost interest. Band of Brothers is much better.

TBH Pacific is a lot like Flags of Our Fathers (which does lack the quality Spielsburg brings to that kind of film) - moments of excellance with periods of filler which get pretty tedious.

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Garzini

ok, off to watch twin peaks series 1 again...
Charge.  Flee.  Your Turn.

TkaiC

If you like police shows, but in French, Spiral is pretty good.  Very different judicial system over there, and seasoned with excessive violence/police brutality/everyone being corrupt.  Season 2 is on i-player at the mo...
On twitter @tomfeattom - I talk about my band, rock climbing, baking and am sometimes funny*.
*Funniness is subjective and in no way guaranteed.

CraigM

I'm watching the footie. It's pants.

noahtonkin

Drawn Together. All 3 seasons.
WIN!
Quote from: Mike
Anyone bringing whats considered 'filth' submits themselves for a pre-game roshambo from everyone in the room at the time.
OG Games' latest foray into madness... http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2794.0

House Martell. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. House Tonkin, every sunday morning, Unbowed, Unbent...Broken!

fatolaf

Quote from: Nick on June 24, 2012, 06:51:57 pm
Just watched the first series of Game of Thrones. Awesome. That is all.

It was, the second, however is not so good, as they start changing the storyline...

Quoteand The Walking Dead (going downhill since the first series but still worthwhile).

Stick with it, the 2nd half the season is awesome, the 1st half was awful

fatolaf

Quote from: noahtonkin on June 24, 2012, 11:03:38 pm
Drawn Together. All 3 seasons.
WIN!

Loved the first series, the snow white pastiche (with lots of mutilated fluffy bunnies etc) was amazing

noahsark

The Legend of Korra is one of the shows I am totally hooked to. If that takes care of the TV part then regarding movie I'm watching many. While the recent includes, Penguins of Madagascar, (which subsequently got me interested in the game developed on this characters - http://www.jumpstart.com/penguins-of-madagascar/mobile-apps/dibble-dash), Interstellar etc. I keep on watching many of those popular, a bit older movies as well. Was repeating The Borne Trilogy, Harry Potter and also Raid the Redemption.

ianp85

Been watching NCIS alot, Black sails, The walking dead and game of thrones.

The Trampoline

Gotham and Teen Titans Go, will be going back to Frasier now (halfway through season eight).
Andy

fatolaf

Gotham is such a good show, love the fact its actually an adult show unlike Arrow etc, which just remind me of the 70's super hero shows....

Must watch for me at moment as well, Anything to do with Alaska, that is on the discovery channel, obsessed with Gold Rush, Gold Divers, Dangerous Catch etc...

roland murat

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!