• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 02:54:16 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Mantic Games

Started by Dave, March 26, 2010, 01:23:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

You guys in discussions with this lot?

Been looking at the Undead and think they're rather tasty as a considerably cheaper optoin.

Skellys are really good looking and the ghouls aren't the weird mutated creatures GW went for (which I was rather disappointed by) so they are far more desirable to me.

Plus they've covered off the grave guard option and cavalry coming initially as metals but per their website plastic later in the year.  All of which is somewhat nice.

Hmm now how many army projects would that take me up to...

fatolaf

We were in discussion and I could place an order if there was enough interest....

But I was not blown away by their range so far even though I love the idea of the indivdual unit cases and bags..

But as I said if there is enough interest to cover an initial order then I will place it...

Dave

No worries, no point in getting into their stuff if there's no demand, if I decide to go for it I'll let you know just in case you have more interest but otherwise there are other stockists should I really need.  Just wanted to check as my preferred supplier of choice.

fatolaf

Tom Hale

When I go back to my vc. I'm going to want some of the ghouls, but that is some way in future
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

fatolaf

I'm going to see what the minimum order is...

fatolaf

I have been in contact with them and I was quite impressed at their new stuff and they direction the range is taking.
I will be placing an order next month...

Dave

Just recieved my free ghoul through the post. Looks great but slightly smaller scale than gw which might put some off. Has same feel to the plastic and same mould line across the head. I dream of mouldline free plastics!

Really nice sculpt with good detail and nice pose. Obviously not too much variety as arms moulded with the body but I really like it. That's me set for vc or tk at some stage then!

Tom Hale

right serious question. i have 30 ghouls atm. how many is realistically needed for a ghouls based army? i'm thinking 75 ish (can't be worth rasing if i have 3 units of 25 on the board already).
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

Dave

there or there abouts, guess it depends, if you're starting with 75 on the board you'll probably still want to raise at some point just to see if your opponent is willing to waste dice throwing them at spells which won't really make much difference in the long run.  So I'd always go for a unit's worth on top of what you want to have on the table.