• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 03:50:03 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

preemptive jeskai control deck

Started by Guillaume, September 03, 2014, 09:32:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

So this is my speculative post- Khans deck idea that i will be updating as the spoilers get released, comments and opinions are welcome as well as some criticism (cos i criticise all of you so heres your chance to get back at me)

maindeck:
3 Narsef, enlightened master
3 Sarkhan, Dragonspeaker
2 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
2 Jace, the living guildpact
2 Chandra, Pyromaster
1 Ajani Steadfast
4 Stoke the flames
4 Banishing Light
4 End hostilities
2 chained to the rocks
3 Brimaz, king of Oreskos
4 generator servant
2 fated conflagration

2 mystic monastery
3 temple of triumph
1 temple of epiphany
2 temple of enlightenemnt
2 shivan reef
3 flooded strand
4 mountains
4 plains
2 island
2 evolving wilds

sideboard:
4 goblin rabblemaster
3 magma spray
3 whelming wave
3 anger of the gods
2 fated conflagration

katarr

September 04, 2014, 12:02:40 am #1 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:20:57 am by lagar312
looks crap

Steve H

I like it... The only changes I might make are down to my preference. I prefer 1 more chain to the rocks, and 1 less banishing light main deck (but I understand why you've gone that way!)

I'd also probably main deck the Rabblemaster and Board Brimaz, and stabilise the mana base a little more around red (maybe 6 mountains/2 plains... You can fetch the plains pretty easily. Looks good though... Although I still think Narsef+ Planeswalkers looks a bit gimmicky!!!
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

Flintoff

It looks bloody expensive too :)

getting those mountains out would be interesting to see for chained to the rocks. Howl of the horde would be fun to include, for full on brutality with conflagration or stoke the flames, or even to properly board wipe all the pesky adds following end hostility caused by abzan ascendancy

jackhoneysett

Guillaume

I have most of the non khans stuff (missing 1 jace and 1 ajani) and I'm planning on buying as many boxes of khans as I can for the fetchlands so I should get most if not all of the other cards. I'm not sold on brimaz and I'm thinking about replacing him with maindeck anger of the gods if the meta allows it (I.e.) aggressive deck are becoming popular.
What the deck really misses is something like boros reckoner to stabilise the early game if I can't get a turn 3 sarkhan or turn 4 elspeth or narse off of generator servant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guillaume

Quote from: Flintoff on September 04, 2014, 12:24:20 pm
It looks bloody expensive too :)

getting those mountains out would be interesting to see for chained to the rocks. Howl of the horde would be fun to include, for full on brutality with conflagration or stoke the flames, or even to properly board wipe all the pesky adds following end hostility caused by abzan ascendancy

Yh the mountains issue is why I added the 2 evolving wilds but so far it's indispensible due to the lack of good spot removal, although in fairly sure jeskai charm will have some sort of direct damage mode when it gets spoiled, or at least a burn spell that deals 4 or 5 to complement stoke the flames (as fated conflagration is a bit too mana intensive), other than that I think the deck will be hard to deal with in the absence of a draw-go control deck (my heart sank when I saw that jeskai was a creature based clan :(

Guillaume

Ok so the brimazs will be replaced with clever impersonators

Steve H

Quote from: Guillaume on September 06, 2014, 10:20:03 am
Ok so the brimazs will be replaced with clever impersonators

Even more gimickey than it already was....
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

Guillaume

Well that's a good card...