• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:09:48 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Tale of OG Gamers - month 2

Started by roland murat, August 24, 2014, 09:17:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

roland murat

Its that time of the month again - how are you doing?

This month I've done a unit of archers and some militia spearmen - not very exciting but needs must. I'll get some pictures done when some kind sole with a camera is available.

Next month I'm looking at some cavalry and maybe a unit of billmen.
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

cunningmatt

Quote from: roland murat on August 24, 2014, 09:17:39 am
Its that time of the month again - how are you doing?

Furiously painting away still!

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

roland murat

No need to get angry about it Matt (ho ho)
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

TkaiC

August 30, 2014, 03:31:23 pm #3 Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:18:54 pm by TkaiC
Well in addition to my Baal Predator (145pts before equipment upgrades) I've added 5 scouts to my growing BA roster *and* sourced some Calthan Brown so will hopefully get the Bretts back on track next month  :thumbsup:

Nothing fancy on the Scouts, I deliberately avoided doing my usual "every item gets a different colour" thing and stuck to just black/blue for equipment.  I still hate painting eyes.  Everyone in this army is getting a helmet from now on!

Question to all - what should I do for the bases?  I'm thinking snow but want to make interesting snowy bases...any tips?
On twitter @tomfeattom - I talk about my band, rock climbing, baking and am sometimes funny*.
*Funniness is subjective and in no way guaranteed.

cunningmatt

Looking good - if you don't like eyes why have you gone for a Space Wolves army (the least helmeted marine type there is?).

Basing I always thing rocks with patches of snow on looks good - but there's probably something more exciting. Melted snow with lava eruptions pouring through them?

Angelus Mortifer

Holiday and work have got in the way this month so slim pickings from me. Working through the base for my Knight and that's about it sadly.

Next month will be better with work on the torso and weapons, and I'm going to try and squeeze in a few Assassins now that I've read the data slate.
"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to take us to victory, and wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father - Sanguinius holds it all." Horus

cunningmatt

I am on the cusp of posting - had a mare putting together the chariot sub assemblies which took far longer than expected!!

cunningmatt

Ok so I'm nearly 36 hours late - but hey I'm only the second person to post some pictures so you can't get too grumpy!

Here's my Tzeentch Chaos Chariot and Tzeentch Gore Beast Chariot:

As always more photos and ramblings of a mad man, over here. Go on following the whispering daemonic voice in your head - do it:
http://ogforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2370.msg59716;topicseen#msg59716

Angelus Mortifer

Very cool colour scheme Matt. All comes together really nicely.

My pics would barely be worth posting sadly (a collection of partly primed, partly painted, or partly assembled... "bits" .... on a plain black Knight base). I feel my description is enough to illustrate my poor offering this month. I was back at the painting table last night though, so expect a better showing come the end of Sept.
"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to take us to victory, and wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father - Sanguinius holds it all." Horus

cunningmatt

Quote from: Angelus Mortifer on September 02, 2014, 05:44:58 pm
Very cool colour scheme Matt. All comes together really nicely.

Ta muchly! Looking forward to seeing more of your work for September!

lagar312

Busy couple of day otherwise I would have posted Wednesday. But here's my offering for August.

With London Calling on the horizon I'm trying to get the last few units table ready.

First up is Kairos:-

And I've also done a bit of work on 4 plague flies. While not finished I'm fairly happy with how the scratch built bases have turned out...

In response to Tom's earlier question about snow bases the one thing I'd suggest having had issues with the bases I've just done is multiple layers of the GW snow... otherwise it ends up looking quiet flat.