• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:19:02 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Planeswalkers 101

Started by fatolaf, July 24, 2014, 12:13:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on July 26, 2014, 06:34:37 am

and what deck runs more than 2 koths?

You know there are many decks out there apart from the same 4-5 you see at big events...
I have played against about 20 different modern decks since I took up the game a few weeks ago, none of them net list, all really good fun and competitive, the active modern scene seems to be massively changing away from the net lists that are running the format..

Anyway the deck I have made is based on a deck posted on the MTG site last month, it's done very well so far, and not only does it give my Reckoners a home, the 4 Koths are proving brutal..
It's called Hammer time, or known to many as the Skred deck

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on July 26, 2014, 06:34:37 am
well hes not a control card, so his value will plummet once mono-blue devotion stops being a thing, but right now mono-blue decks are replacing jace aot with him because of the tempo boost he gives

Watch a very good video done by Channel Fireball, they reckon his value will in fact do the opposite and soar, with the new decks that will rule once Riders come out, it does not just have to be Mono Blue for him to have a home...

Guillaume

No what I meant by mono-blue was any tempo oriented deck playing blue, which right now is just mono-blue but could easily be blue-black or blue-red artifacts iff anyone can make that work. Or to be honest any deck that needs a catch-all. Iff khans is wedge coloured like rumoured I'd be surprised to see him in rwu decks because they tend to be more controlling but he'd fit in really well in a rug or bug deck that focuses on disruption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk