• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:09:51 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

what to do with our cards

Started by Guillaume, May 28, 2014, 03:54:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BusiMagic

Don't know if you guys are playing any conspiracy, but given the amount of multiplayer games played it might be worth making some of that set ogdern legal

fatolaf

I will be doing a conspiracy draft when we can get them (next month for non WPN) I think some of those cards are going to be great fun for Mogdern....

Guillaume

its not all its made up to be, u get one conspiracy card per pack which is always the first pick so u end up with 3 unique cards in your deck, the rest of the cards are ordinary ones, so it has a slightly changed dynamic but its not as crazy as people thought it was

BusiMagic

But there are also  the dethrone/will of the council/parley cards which obviously fit in multiplayer

Guillaume

i think that would be a great idea if we agreed a set card pool and a specific format, but if we allow stuff like secret summoning and worldknit in constructed then 1 everyone would be playing it and 2 it would result in broken decks and ridiculous combos. if the club ever started playing commander than it might be fun to have a conspiracy each but not really for multiplayer

Steve H

I'd rather keep Conspiracy out of our formats but don't feel incredibly strongly about it...

In related news... I'm going to try to convince the committee in a few weeks time to spend some of the club subs on a booster box if conspiracy for club drafting... After we are done with the boosters we can sleeve the cards and re-draft, in a similar fashion to a cube.

What do people think?

In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

fatolaf

I think that's a great idea, I of course can supply a box at cost price once we get access to the boxes (3 weeks approx)

Guillaume

sounds good, redraft idea is good as well