• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 04:53:41 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

M15 - Coming July 18th

Started by fatolaf, May 13, 2014, 04:37:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

And the core sets are different one to the next but the themes are the same, as if they all come from the same cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on May 16, 2014, 10:55:47 pm
And the core sets are different one to the next but the themes are the same, as if they all come from the same cycle

Full aware of that buddy, I have played through a lot of them over the years  :wink;m::

But there are a lot of old cards that I would like to see come back...

roland murat

Just to add to the debate from a different perspective. I've only really played the game since M14 so my decks are mainly built from the Theros block. Only the Mill deck makes use of RTR cards and I've been moving away from M14 cards ready for M15.

I like the Theros block. The heroic thing is ok, although tricky to get real value from if lots of cards have it, and the mechanics are simpler to pick up than some of the older cards I've seen. For a new player who doesn't take it too seriously thats a good thing. How the new stuff blends with my current approachs will be interesting but I'm hoping I will be able to adjust my decks rather than having to totally rebuild. Having said that, the good old Mill deck may well disappear if it doesn't get M15 support.
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

fatolaf

It will. There are always mill cards, would not be suprised if the millstone came back, then you can do som proper milling

Guillaume

Millstone has been in every core set since m10, probably gonna come back.
A card that is in it is genesis hydra, it's xxgg and comes in with x +1/+1 counters on, and, look at the top x cards of your library and put all creatures with cmc x or less onto the battlefield under ur control (basically a combination of genesis wave and primordial hydra) which with nykthos and all the stupid amounts of mana going around seems really ridiculous unless a wrath of god gets reprinted

fatolaf

There will need to be some board wipe, not sure [card]Anger of the Gods[/card] will be enough once Rav stuff drops out

Guillaume

They probably won't print it in the core set cos it'll mean control are too powerful at worlds and pro tour m15, will probably have it in the next set though

BusiMagic

Could see a reprint of rolling earthquake if horsemanship comes back in khans. Still not a top tier boardsweeper. Would really hurt control of Theros is a pattern and all sweepers are conditional and/or expensive.

Guillaume

There will be a sweeper when the standard season begins, i think khans is a modern season so there might not be a sweeper, but if not there will be one in the next set (I mean a 4 mana one bot a crap overcosted one)

fatolaf

I remember a certain artifact from Urza period that would take 3 turns iirc to charge up and then all permanents were destroyed, that was great.....