• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 06:41:31 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

M15 - Coming July 18th

Started by fatolaf, May 13, 2014, 04:37:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

Well I hope it's better than theros cos I didn't particularly like that, I havnt heard much except that there wil be emphasis on multicolour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on May 16, 2014, 11:52:21 am
Well I hope it's better than theros cos I didn't particularly like that, I havnt heard much except that there wil be emphasis on multicolour

Agreed, Theros on the whole IMO has been a big let down, simply,encouraging Death Star units and build which I have always detested.
I like scy. But don't like heroic, inspired , strive and the huge emphasis on enchantments....

Will be v sad when RTR drops out, hoping that M15 and the what ever comes after makes up for the loss of a great block...

Guillaume

Strive is just kicker with a new name, I like that fine, I just don't like auras in general

BusiMagic

I have really enjoyed theros limited and so far block constructed has been fine. I don't think it fits well with RTR in standard. Bestow is a nice mechanic and it has made auras more viable away from hexproof which is no bad thing.

fatolaf

Compared  to Innistrad and Ravnice it just did not work for me, my decks currently still comprise 90% RTR cards and very few Theros..

BNG had to be one of the worst releases ever, and i have been playing this game very nearly since the start...

I look fwd to M15 hugely and hope it has some fun themes

Guillaume

well not much changes from one core set to the next, i wouldnt get your hopes too high

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on May 16, 2014, 05:17:07 pm
well not much changes from one core set to the next, i wouldnt get your hopes too high

i have played through about 12 of them so far, loads has changed  :wink;m::

BusiMagic

Agree BNG was weak. However this block pro tour has thrown up some great lists. I think in a years time people will appreciate Theros block more than they do now. Journey has some great cards.

Guillaume

Bng was a more powerful set than journey

Guillaume

It didn't have the wow factor of cool looking pointless abilities (athreos) or the stupidly overrated deicide but it had way more utility and way more cards will make it to standard and even modern (with bile blight and brimaz)
And the block lists for this pro tour are weak as hell, I'd consider my bug deck tier1 and it couldn't hold a candle to rtr block, innistrad block (although that was truly bent, picture the best legacy deck ATM as in miracles and that's it) and it sure can't stand up for itself in standard as even tier 2... No I'm not happy just for the fact that the set is so weak