• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 10:35:10 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

M15 - Coming July 18th

Started by fatolaf, May 13, 2014, 04:37:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

We will know more soon, and all the usual bits will be on the site soon for preorder..
But here is something to whet your appetite ...

QuoteMagic 2015 products are designed to get new players energized and involved in playing Magic™ in your store. Players follow the story of the cursed Planeswalker Garruk Wildspeaker who's hunting the most challenging quarry of all: other Planeswalkers. Unfortunately for Magic players, that means that he's hunting them!

BusiMagic

Do we reckon there will be more than the 5 planeswalkers that were in M14? Also are we assuming a reprint of Garruk Wildspeaker from M11?

fatolaf

Quote from: BusiMagic on May 13, 2014, 07:10:28 pm
Do we reckon there will be more than the 5 planeswalkers that were in M14? Also are we assuming a reprint of Garruk Wildspeaker from M11?

I reckon there might be a few, plus one or seven cards that kill PW's or do horrible things to them....

Guillaume

There will almost definitely not be more than the usual 1 of each colour methinks because they don't like having multicolour cards in core sets so it would either be 5 or 10 (as in a core set there is an exact balance of colours)
Also garruk wildespeaker is just garruk's name, which they use for everything (eg when doing the fluff for journey they called ajani ajani goldmane as that's just his name.) I definitely see more pw hate as that's big right now due to the dominance of walkers. I also think well see a reprint of chandra and jace, as they have had too many incarnations (4 each in mono colour which is more than any other) of course I assume it will be of memory adept and pyro master as they were the not balanced of the incarnations.
I think garruk Liliana and ajani will be new ones.
Oh and us in the dark side of magic (control players) are all hoping for a reprint of blue sun's zenith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatolaf

Guillaume

I'd quite like faeries to make a reaprearence

BusiMagic

I would like a tribal set to replace Ravinca personally.

Guillaume

Probably not gonna happen because of the popularity of multicolour stuff, I reckon going back to alara, innistrad or zendikar as behind ravnica they were the most popular sets and all featured strong multicolour elements (not really innistrad but flavourwise it was by far the best set

Guillaume

So the only real shot mono coloured tribal has is in the core sets

BusiMagic

Could try multi coloured tribal. I believe that the next set is on an entirely new plane. I assume they will go back to Alara at some point though.