• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:55:44 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Sat 17th - MTG Side event

Started by fatolaf, May 13, 2014, 12:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

May 13, 2014, 12:18:06 pm Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:17:41 am by fatolaf
Saturday for the side event, I propose a 3 stage game over the day...

First we we will play singles, 3 rounds, Swiss, standard format...

Round 1)

Mike vs Ol
Gui vs Jack

Round 2)

TBA

Round 3)

TBA

3 pts for a 2-0 win
2 pts for a 2-1 win
1 pt for a draw

50 mins per round, 5 turns extra if time has run out, if after that time no one has won 2-1 or 2-0 then it is a draw.
Deliberate slow play is obvious and will result in a forfeit of the round and you will be fed to the OG Games  :rivertroll02: followed by an  :analprobe:

fatolaf

We should aim for an 11pm start for the singles, and this should take us to 2pm and lunch ...
After lunch we are going to try something a bit different...

3 Headed giant  :thumbsup:

2 teams of 3 players, using standard format decks, whoever these can be different decks from your single player deck..
The winner of the singles picks a teammate first, then the runner up picks one, etc..
Then decks can be decided and the game begins..
Normal rules as two headed giant except for no same decks please, and each team has 40 starting life...

fatolaf

After the giant game, we will then revert to normal multiplayer for the rest of the day/night until the pub close or we pass out, which ever comes first.....

Guillaume

Will I be shouted at if I play esper?

Steve H

Quote from: Guillaume on May 15, 2014, 05:01:48 pm
Play whatever you like in the standard event dude... Just maybe not esper in the multiplayer as it tends to make for bad games.
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

fatolaf

Quote from: Guillaume on May 15, 2014, 05:01:48 pm

Singles fine, multiplayer no thanks

fatolaf

Up the order of events will change slightly as Stevo and JD won't be there until approx midday..
So we will play some casual multiplayer till they get there and then the singles will start, looks like we will have 7 players so we will increase the number of rounds and include byes