• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 11:27:48 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Angry Cows V1.0

Started by fatolaf, May 04, 2014, 01:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fatolaf

May 04, 2014, 01:27:12 pm Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:06:05 pm by fatolaf
Designed mainly for multiplayer but with a few tweaks, I think it would be good in single player, with the addition of a bit more removal hence the sideboard ....
Very much still a WIP, and gets it's first run out tomorrow...

Spells:

4 Gnarled Scarhide
1 Rakdos, Lord of riots (for fun, could make a lot of free Minos if played after a Fanatic hits the table)
1 Hall of Triumph (should be 2 copies but I want to put Rakdos in)
1 [card]Purphoros, God of the Forge[/card]
2 [card]Rageblood Shaman[/card]
2 [card]Fanatic of Mogis[/card]
4 Felhide Petrifier
4 Flurry of Horns
2 [card]Mogis, God of Slaughter[/card]
4 Dreadbore
4 Boros Reckoner
2 [card]Kragma Warcaller[/card]
3 [card]Ragemonger[/card]
2 [card]Whip of Erebos[/card]
2 Underworld Connections

(38 spells)

Lands:

4 [card]Temple of Malice[/card]
4 Blood Crypt
5 Swamps
9 Mountains

(22 lands)

Sideboard:

4 Blinding Flare
4[card] Bile Blight[/card]
4 Rakdos's Return (anti control)
2 Doom Blade
1 Worst Fears (this is for fun, it has to be tried)

Guillaume

May 04, 2014, 03:40:06 pm #1 Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:15:17 pm by fatolaf
-Oracle of bones won't work in multiplayer as noone will pay the tribute and he'll be a 3/1 hast for 4
- the kragma butcher is not as good as the 2/2 haste dude who comes in as a 4/2, even if he seems better, because the first time he attacks he attacks for 2 and the time you don't attack so that you can block he goes back to being a 2/3 (although maybe in multiplayer it's a different story (would replace him for 2 more rage blood shamans though)

-would play 4 fanatics of mogis, especially if you have the whip out (where he becomes a better Gary cos he can kill walkers.

- normally I wouldn't do this because I find him not that could, but because you have mogis I would push the number of ragemongers up to 3

- I was just about to suggest rakdos before I saw him in the list, v good call :P

- I would also add 1 Erebos (or a purphoros but not both) because of recurring card advantage/ mana sink in purphoros)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatolaf

May 04, 2014, 04:16:50 pm #2 Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:26:24 pm by fatolaf
Yeah I am incredibly dubious about Oracle of Bones, I think you are right on that one..

Kragma is there simply for his affect on my other Minos, I think he is over costed, hence I only take 2.

Added Purphoros and a 3rd ragemonger...

Going to stick to 2 fanatics (don't want to be THAT guy  :cool3:)

Guillaume

well have to see how it plays, but it looks like it could be very good and just dominate or peeter out into topdecking dead draws (of which you have a few late game (like butcher and ragemonger) due to the fact that you havent won with ur starting hand

fatolaf

Top decking always seem to be an issue with this type of deck, I would love to have some control over that apart from just the temples...
I think tactics will be key in winning a multiplayer games of say 4 players..
See how it goes tomorrow....

fatolaf

Deck worked well on its maiden night...

Found it hard to SB, was never sure at to take out...

Whip/Fanatic combo brutal as is Mogis/Purphoros (especially in 2 headed giant)

In single player, as suspected, found it very easy to find myself top decking..
Underworld connections is going in, 2 copies I think for some extra draw

roland murat

I think some anti-flyer stuff may be useful (except when playing my deck obviously)
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Guillaume

Anti flyer stuff is pointless in single player as all you are doing on a turn you doom blade is not playing a creature, which slows your game down too much.
In multiplayer doom blade ( ultimate price) depending in the meta (which in theros it will probably suit more) might be good early game, but I still think that all it does is stop you dying against a storm breath dragon (the only good flier ATM)

jackhoneysett

Quote from: Guillaume on May 06, 2014, 02:22:14 pm
Anti flyer stuff is pointless in single player as all you are doing on a turn you doom blade is not playing a creature, which slows your game down too much.
In multiplayer doom blade ( ultimate price) depending in the meta (which in theros it will probably suit more) might be good early game, but I still think that all it does is stop you dying against a storm breath dragon (the only good flier ATM)

You won't be saying that when my new Spawns of Thraxes destroy everyone!!

Or don't ;)

Guillaume

Regrettably I think I will, a 7 mana 5/5 who does a bit of damage when he enters the battlefield doesn't really seem that good to me but go ahead and prove me wrong :)