• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:44:08 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Painting Contest 2 - Command (Entry Thread)

Started by maelzch, September 30, 2009, 09:14:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maelzch

September 30, 2009, 09:14:37 pm Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:03:49 pm by maelzch
Welcome one and all to the second OG Games painting contest! 

If there are 10 or more entries, there will be a prize of 20 pounds worth of Vallejo Paints and effects. (Mods can enter, but cannot win the prize)

The theme is Command Group

This competition has a broad theme so I expect loads of entries.  Entries should contain three models. 
Some ideas for this contest are:
-From space hulk/40K (Librarian, Sergeant, Heavy Weapon etc)
-From warmaster/epic (3 character/command stands)
-From fantasy (Regimental command)

Please see the Painting Contest Rules first

The final date for entries for this competiton is midday on Friday 8th January 2010, so you've all got loads of time

Good luck to all who enter!

This thread is for entries and WIP shots only, any other posts will be removed

Cheers,
Maelzch
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Rob P

December 23, 2009, 04:38:38 pm #1 Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:02:18 pm by Rob P
Well at least I'm  the first to post-

http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/rprobp/Forum%20pics/

These are nothing to write home about by others standards I'm sure, but I was quite pleased with them.  There's a SM captain, sarge with power fist, and space marine with plasma gun, all on bikes.  Small bits of weapon swapping  went on and the bikes have extra twiddles on them from the bitz box.   General critique very welcome! 

Ta

Rob

Woops I foget to post the pre painted pictures- I'll do that shortly. 

Bennett

Not got an entry for this one unfortunately as didn't manage to pick up the models, Have now strated my Vamp Army so will be entering the next one when it comes around.

Toast

December 29, 2009, 06:32:32 pm #3 Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:36:49 pm by Toast
My chaos warriors with the Mark of Tzeentch and great weapons.
Please note conversion work!

Thanks,

Andrew.

Another Richard

Here's mine finished.

And a slightly out of focus group shot with their unit.

fatolaf

Ron Burgandy

Well here is the command for my marauder unit:

There will be alot moreindiviual pics in my blog.
You stay classy San Diago.

cunningmatt

Ok here goes, here our my Marauder Horseman Command Group - another Warriors of Choas entry! Lots of great entries here so don't know how mine will compete! Just so you know they have Mark of Tzeentch, hence the golds and blues.

Sorry about the dodgy photos, mind you the painting's a bit ropey!

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

maelzch

Righty, here's my entry, slightly delayed due to **** internet setup:

Chaos Dwarf Big Hat Command
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?