• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:58 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Magic the Gathering Swap shop

Started by fatolaf, August 10, 2012, 08:31:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Fact is.... if a card adds mana it says so!!!

I can see how its useful in a mixed mana deck.  If you have a hand full of swamps and need a Plains but only have 7 in your deck.... increases your chances of getting it out.

Granted... you could just put in 4 more plains.... but it allows you the choice of land type!

im clutching at straws here...

In the summer of 2011 he moved North... spreading the word of House OG.

I am Mike of House OG.  Ogger in the North.  And Ginger is coming.

fatolaf

much better options in my opinion, anyway I'm glad to sort it out as there was a bit of confusion, I suspected it did it generate from the start, but was convinced by some current players, I have not played  in about 10 years..

Back in it big time now tough. Fully magic addicted again....
Plus I have alway loved magic multiplayer games, back before the club, me and Ritchie used to meet up for 6-10 player games every Tuesday night, they were great fun...

fatolaf

Really need 3 of these, can anyone help?

Andy GI

Hi guys.

Firstly, Ol, I have many Zombie tokens and a single Dragonskull summit for trade. I am after a slumbering Dragon but I think the trade would be in my favour then. Otherwise we can chat at Warlords.

Evolving Wilds is a great card, it lets you go hunting for the exact colour of mana you need, granted it puts you a turn behind, but the only things better are dual lands currently in M13 / Standard.

It also helps to thin your deck, decreasing the chance that you will draw land when you don't need it, as you will remove another land card from your deck and put it on the battlefield.

In most 2 colour decks, the dual lands are better, but you can also have four of those. I have four of them in a black / white exalted deck and find them very useful.

Andy GI

I believe Sai wants to run something big Magic wise at Warlords GT, will keep you all posted.

fatolaf

Quote from: Andy GI on August 29, 2012, 10:26:36 am
I believe Sai wants to run something big Magic wise at Warlords GT, will keep you all posted.

Sounds good what's the mad man planning?

Andy GI

Right, Sai is planning to run a side event, mini tournament kind of thing, with some boosters as prizes.

I have suggested to make it two headed giant, so we can have teams and make it a bit more sociable. 1v1v1v1 takes AGES.

Ideally I think we need at least 8 players. Do we know who from OG is going to be playing magic in the event?

Thinking probably start around 8.30pm?

Andy GI

Hi Ol, I picked up another Dragonskull Summit at yesterdays draft so now I have two spare.

fatolaf

Quote from: Andy GI on September 10, 2012, 11:31:36 am
Hi Ol, I picked up another Dragonskull Summit at yesterdays draft so now I have two spare.

Cool...

As for players from our side, I think Me, JD, Rob, Sami and maybe a few others....will need to check on the Friday I reckon...

Crompton

Would I need to bring a deck for the tournament? If so perhaps I should buy some cards, heh.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."