• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:00:48 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

On the art of rolling 1s

Started by roland murat, July 02, 2012, 09:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Hale

Quote from: roland murat on October 16, 2012, 06:52:28 pm
The most recent fighting saw the hordes of Fie-uld Marshal Ramma make headway, only to be stopped by the Deathwing just before the waagh's momentum became unstoppable.

cheating ftw!  :cool3: sorry again mike!
HKB list: 2 STank 2 grey seers 2 furnaces warlord 4 Abomos Drakenhoff BSB 2 stegs GUO 4 BoN 2 gorgons goblin lord+LV4 4 Billys ogre bsb warshrine hydra 10 mornfang 3 slaughtermasters black+Star dragon great brayshaman 2 ironblaster 4 maneaters DE lv4 krox necro knight 7 DGKs luminark 2 huricanums war altar emp peg bsb 2 hellcannons skullcannon 2 Brett Lords The Green Knight kharibdyss Black Orc Warboss Peg Paladin nurgle DP Stonehorn

cunningmatt

Quote from: roland murat on September 23, 2012, 09:54:24 am
I've not provided an update on the campaign for a while so I guess that should be corrected. Miss me? Probably not.

50 shades of pink

No mention of the important role of the Beastmen I see!  :cry:

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

roland murat

Wow someone actually reads this rubbish other than me.

Matt - 50 shades is being done from the Albion perspective with a deliberate bias. The beasts will get a mention at some point when they interfere directly with Albion ambitions.
Bought: 20
Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

roland murat

50 Shades of Pink

'Kneel. Kneel and pray to the gods. Pray hard and we shall prevail.'

The rodent horde poured forward, desperate to break through the lines of the hated foe. Then a mysterious thing happened. The air shimmered and the skaven general felt a hand slap him in the face. Once, twice, a third time. He glanced around to see who had dared to law a paw on him and a giant hand grabbed him by the throat pulling him into the ground as it  opened up before him.

The men of Albion prayed on. A giant fireball erupted from the sky, striking the giant hell beast - the A-Bomb - and reducing it to ashes. With a cheer the human army got to its feet and advanced. Victory was assured.

I can only mimic Tom's points really. A game where magic ruled and took out the main skaven threats early. A unit of clanrats with Bsb took out 2 cannon before being taken out by inner circle but all in all the game took longer to set up than play. A slight error was made with the magic and OG comp forgotten. Still makes up for the similar error made when Tom won last time we met in the campaign.

Until next time - if anyones reading this.

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

TkaiC

I'm reading...and plotting.

(Insert evil laugh amidst shots of double seer, double warlock and double priest lists)
On twitter @tomfeattom - I talk about my band, rock climbing, baking and am sometimes funny*.
*Funniness is subjective and in no way guaranteed.

roland murat

50 Shades of Pink

'I am not a cruel man.' The Earl of Bodmin thought as he stepped over the broken bodies of the once proud defenders of Accrington Stanley. He had given them a choice. Hadn't he? These were men lying dead at his feet, not monsters. Men who had shared a common god and even spoke a similar language.

When the army outriders had found the town the Earl  had asked his priest 'these people of Accrington Stanley. Who are they'

"Exactly" was all the response he got.

He had beseeched the defenders to lay aside their arms, to join the Albion Empire. They had refused and as only a fool would leave a walled town occupied by unfriendly forces on his supply line the Earl ordered an immediate attack.

Too many men had died but slowly, too slowly, the Albion forces clambered onto the walls and forced the defenders back. A relief force had arrived. Where these men came from was not known and, the Earl thought, it never would be. The heavily armoured knights had bravely tried to change the tide of the battle but all lay led along with the priest that led them.

Still, now was not the time to give way to sadness. The King's enemies were still in the proximity and they were monsters he had no concernsabout slaying.

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

roland murat

Father Brian

An odd game tonight vs Tom's skaven @ 500 pts.

Early game saw my swordsmen flee the field and the outriders destroyed. I had a single knight and a warrior priest. Tom had 20 slaves, 20 ish storm vermin (champ was the general) and 11 jezzails.

I charge the storm vermin going through a wood. The knight hits a tree and dies but the priest survives. In the ensuing combat the vermin lose break and flee off the table. The pursuit take the priest out of the firing arc of the jezzails.

Priest moves into flank of jezzails forcing them to move before charging. He took a wound but won - wiping out the skaven as they fled. The remaining slaves charged hoping to take the final wound off the priest. They didnt even after blowing up.

Priest on barded horse with heavy armour, shield and magic fruit knife of +1 attack took out the entire army bar a unit of slaves (40 points) all by himself. Mental.

All hail Father Brian the blessed.

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

TkaiC

On twitter @tomfeattom - I talk about my band, rock climbing, baking and am sometimes funny*.
*Funniness is subjective and in no way guaranteed.

cunningmatt

Oh dear what with Brian, and Dark Eldar eyes Tom's having bad luck. Am sure it will turn round in time for you to defeat me on Sunday god dam it!

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

roland murat

50 Shades of Pink

It had been a week since the army had been scattered and nearly a month since the mists had cleared and allowed the army to march into the northern marches.

Everything seemed strange. When did the Earl command chariots? Why were his followers pushing a giant bell? Still they were all men of Albion and he would lead them to safety.

The only thing that could go wrong was if the army was ambushed, say by demons. Whats that in the distance? Oh.

After a comprehansive beating by Sam's warriors an alliance of man, beast and skaven was formed to fight the dirty dirty demons. Despite having 3000 more points it was close. The mission was to get the generals through a portal at the edge of the demon deployment zone.

My general made an early dash for freedome on his griffon but was charged by a sole jugger. He fluffed, fled and barely escaped fleeing of the field. Fortunatley he rallied and made it through the portal before the end of the game. Followed by the other commanders.

Our plan was to smash through the middle and use the weaker infantry to stop the door being closed. But for a jugger block that just wouldn't die the plan worked quite well. The bloodletters didn't last long and the demons on the flanks (plaguebearers on our left and sl demon on our right) were kept busy at a large cost of allied lives. Billy the thirster was hit by an alarmingly accurately thrown rock from a cygor taking him down to one wound which limited his ability to get involved in big fights.

Until next time.

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!