Painted: 11

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Offline roland murat

• Eee Leggy
  • oggames.co.uk
Re: On the art of rolling 1s
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2015, 09:22:33 pm »
A questing we shall go

It had taken far longer than he had expected but Helmut and his colleagues had finally recuperated from their subterranean adventures. Helmut had spent as much time as he could studying ancient tomes to expand his knowledge; cutting a strange, somewhat dejected figure sat in the library swathed in bandages.

The gods alone knew what the others had been up to. Weapons training hopefully, but more likely drinking and getting hit by carts. Still the time would soon be nigh and the brave band would be able to set out once more in pursuit of gold and glory.
Bought: 20

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Offline roland murat

• Eee Leggy
  • oggames.co.uk
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2015, 06:31:11 pm »
A questing we shall go

It was a funny old session really. It all started with Yo-yo living up to his name and getting battered to the floor; getting up; rinse; repeat.

And then it changed. From being a human punch bag Helmut started to fight back. Cutting down black orcs and goblins galore Pip's dwarf - who is normally an absolute beast in combat - stood in shock as he watched colleague lead the charge. Finally, covered in gore, Helmut found the group politics had changed. Was that fear lurking in the dwarf's eyes? What was that funny smell coming from the wardancer? Whatever the answers might have been the group had a new leader and he had lightning bolts firing from his fingertips

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Offline roland murat

• Eee Leggy
  • oggames.co.uk
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2015, 06:57:34 pm »
A questing we shall go

It must be tough for Thangrim. The only survivor of the original party he was a combat beast, the one everyone looked to to keep us alive. And then it changed.

Helmut learnt how to fight and cast some useful spells that did more than heal people. Andy the Wardancer worked out that funky breakdance thing where he spins on his head, and kills things. So the role of the dwarf is changing. No longer the leader, but still a tank Thangrim is clearly getting frustrated by the rise of those around him. Frustration that led to him attacking the wardancer only for Helmut to put him on the naughty step by making him levitate until he promised to behave.

These are dark times; not made easier by Helmut's desire to start imprisoning souls in random gems to try and sell for a whopping profit. Will the party push on to glory and riches? Will they kill each other? Only time will tell.

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Offline roland murat

• Eee Leggy
  • oggames.co.uk
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2015, 12:15:36 pm »
I got a game of warhammer in yesterday, my first for ages. With the club practice event just around the corner it was nice to knock off some of the rust and blimey was there a lot. I knew I was playing Dan so most likely I'd be facing a sub-optimal O&G list which meant I could also take some fun stuff.

I made far too many mistakes to recount here but I really messed up when it came to manoeuvring. This was probably the main factor in my crushing defeat but seeing my cannon and Inner circle knights fail spectacularly didn't help.

When it comes to using the battle to work out how to use my army realistic learning points are few and far between - I doubt I'll ever take a unit of 30 archers again for example. And yes I did know that was a rubbish choice when I did it. Overall it was a game to get a feel for the mechanics of the game again and, hopefully, get the really bad mistakes out of my system; something I know is a forlorn hope.

It will soon be time to turn to choosing my army for the end of the month and try, in the words of my old fencing team captain, not to suck.

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Offline fatolaf

• Dread Cthulhu
    • OG Games
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2015, 01:49:26 pm »
Take Chaos Mike, and shove it in face  :analprobe:

Offline roland murat

• Eee Leggy
  • oggames.co.uk
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »
Just call me Sub Optimal Dan. Feels a tad insulting lol...

Obviously I didn't intend it that way - do you prefer Fluffy Dan?

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!

Offline Pip

• Storm Trooper
  • Itzibitzi, Tenihuini, Ylopulqua Dotbechuini
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2015, 01:36:44 pm »
But if you go with Sub Optimal Dan you get SOD which is pretty great.

Offline roland murat

• Eee Leggy
  • oggames.co.uk
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2015, 04:31:37 pm »
I saw that too - just didn't fancy pointing it out

Boo at Deathwing. Boo!