• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:15 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Craig goes Hordes

Started by CraigM, August 22, 2011, 10:39:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigM

Rawr.

So I finished my first model in my new Legion of Everblight force.

Nephilim Bolt Thrower:

This was the first model I bought, purely because I liked the look of it. I've never painted purple before, and haven't tried snow either so it was a bit of an experiment. I think the purple came out ok, but not quite how I had imagined, I think the contrast is probably a bit too harsh and next time I'll start with a lighter purple base.

I made the mistake of not washing this model, and I keep finding patches of paint rubbing off, which is somewhat irksome.

Next up will probably be the big Carnivean.

jackhoneysett

Wow, that is really nice. I actually quite like the purple contrast, gives it a savage look.

Obviously I hate him really though, after he shot Kaya in the face last week!  :spamlaser:

CraigM

Woop, finished my second model (which I've owned for about 5 months!)

Lylyth, Herald of Everblight

Photos aren't great, there is some subtle blending on the black side of the cloak, but let's face it, it's all about the back of the cloak really!

Meals

As I've said before, the cloak looks ace. So does the rest of her.

Any reason why you didn't do some blending on the inside of the cloak as well? It might help to brighten the front up a bit with some contrast.
There is no problem in life that can't be solved with Heroic Killing Blow:
Plague Furnace, Abomination, Hydra, Wyvern, Arachnarok, Engine of the Gods, Zombie Dragon, Vargulf, Hellcannon. To be continued...

If we assume that there are infinite universes, then in at least one of them, I'm banging Emma Watson. Awesome!

CraigM

To be honest, I got bored and just wanter her finished. There is a subtle blend on the front of the cloak but it is completely washed out in the pictures*.

On holiday for 2 weeks now, so hoping to crank out more of the 'blight ready for January. :)

*One of these days we'll have to set up a proper lightbox at the club or something.

Angelus Mortifer

Likewise, I think the purple on the first one looks pretty cool. Really nice jobs mate  :thumbsup:
"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to take us to victory, and wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father - Sanguinius holds it all." Horus

cunningmatt

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

CraigM

Thanks chaps.

Just about finished another monster for this army, the much feared Carnivean! (He is probably my MVP is most games so deserved the new colours)

This is also the first run out of my new homebrew lightbox. The colours are more yellow/orange than they are IRL, but at least the whole model is covered. My camera has limited settings to adjust whitebalance and exposure sadly, so I'm still experimenting with the best settings.

Let me know what you think!

shadownova24

Brought : To much
Painted : not enough

CraigM

December 30, 2011, 09:05:07 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:12:55 pm by CraigM
I'm totally on a roll. Got 2 more models done today, the little shredders:

And a group shot of the contents of the Legion box all done:

Pictures came out very orange, think I need different lamps.