• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:50:13 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Corruption (WOC/SK) and Retribution (SW 13th company)

Started by shadownova24, July 06, 2011, 04:58:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shadownova24

July 06, 2011, 04:58:46 pm Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:16:42 pm by shadownova24
Right on the first off Hi all, just got a Samsung ACE with a good cam so going to start putting up projects that im doing, 1st of i got a few snaps of the Tryinids that im doing only painted 2 Gaunts as of yet due to working out what scheme to do plus i now need a can of white paint so progress is going slow.

Paint
Skull White Base coat
Black wash all over (leave to dry for a while.......)
More skull white on the main body leaving the joints black
Rotting Flesh for the claws and nails
Scab red for the plating (bigger modles will have more extravagant patterns )
Tongue is going to be yellow need a smaller better brush  (hay more money for OL)
eyes undecided plus same problem as the Tongue

Still unsure what type of bases to do any suggestions i would love to here them.
got another 3 Warriors and 16 Genestealers and another 10 in the post from e-bay which i still got to paint (hopefully they will turn up tomorrow)

Next we have the Skaven Screaming bell with a rat ogre and the dreaded Grey Seer, this has taken me a week in a few hour stretches to get done and i think it kinda good you might be lucky enough to play against it awesomeness down the club. The Wood was very hard to do but once that was done it was pretty straight forward.

lol at his beady red eye's

i went in a different route to the normal where every one has it green due to the warp stone

Oh so Riped ;)

Plus i still got another 20 clanrats to paint awesome deal from e-bay £10 plus postage from the IOB box set,
but you can never have enough clanrats/slaves in your army minimum you need is about 150 of the little buggers i think im close to 200 but cant count it at the moment as my army is not with me plus fillers HEHE.

MORE TO COME WATCH THIS SPACE.
Brought : To much
Painted : not enough

lagar312

Might want to check the features on your camera Steven....

That Grey Seers has serious Red eye  :))

Looking goog mate... Liking the new Nid scheme... definately better than what you described to me Monday night!

shadownova24

yeah indeed big G was spending ages last night fiddling around with paint working out a quick but nice scheme to use.

what wrong with the cam what features you on about ??????

Dave

switch on red eye reduction, clearly the flash has lit up his eyes bright red :wink;m::

shadownova24

Quote from: Dave on July 06, 2011, 09:26:02 pm
switch on red eye reduction, clearly the flash has lit up his eyes bright red :wink;m::

oh right red eye is off plus the flash that's just the light reflecting off it they relay are that red in dayight

Angelus Mortifer

About time you posted some more stuff up mate. Looks good; the Nids look very crisp, and it's always cool seeing a predominantly white army - always stands out :thumbsup:

Liking the Skaven stuff too, keep it coming.
"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to take us to victory, and wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father - Sanguinius holds it all." Horus

cunningmatt

I'm sorry I have to step in, it's just too painful to read any more!!!!

Quote from: Dave on July 06, 2011, 09:26:02 pm

Dave was making a joke, he knows they are painted that red in real life, but was humourously suggesting that the redness was due to your camera not having red eye reduction on.   :bash;m:

Sorry everyone I couldn't take it any more!  :endit:

P.S. The Screaming Bell looks excellent, you've done a great job making all the different materials stand out.

P.P.S. Never ever field it against me!!  :thumbsup:

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146

shadownova24

Dam you i thought someone was taking the piss but wasn't to sure so just went along with it you see im gullible and silly in my own little way like thinking mat had used real snow on the bases of his models as he clearly pointed out in his blog  :endit:

As i left my army at the club plus low well rather out of spray to finish my other projects expect some stuff up by this weekend, 20 clan rats to do think i might have these ones white like the stormvirmin just to have lots of rainbow rats so they ant the same boring same color.

Plus the mighty Lee is handing over some Gutter runners not quite sure what to paint them, dont want to go with the norm black/green, might try orange and see how one goes, even if it is a cock up ill post the result up so you can all have a bubble bath with it.

This weekend turns out to be pretty crappy but on the plus note i finally got my 50% off bus a tram travel dont think ill be using the tram as it only goes from Wimboldon to Croydon and beyond kinda silly if you ask me, but iv just been to the post office to get my photo card which looks terrible you can all have a laff at it down the club if you want, but i have to go to a underground office to get it activated and there isnt one in Streatham so looks like im walking to Tooting to get it activated then topping up the £2 which is all i got till tomorrow and then heading to the club. On another note i painted a Tryinid Warrior as the same color scheme as the gaunts looks kinda good but i think there a but to much of a build up of paint think it been repainted about 4 times but it not a worry it just a warrior. pic up tomorrow to much to do to day plus get ready to face the Khornage of the receding Palmer.

shadownova24

Well after the excitement of last night down the club and the supply of white spray paint i took it upon my self to start the laborious task at undercoating and washing with devlan mud the 25 geanstealers and the few gaunts i had left. plus the 7 gutter runners i acquired from Lee.

Some awesome lookign white Gutter runners ready for painting :0

A finished tryanid warrior nothing to fancy on them
still have to do the bases on them not to sure what to do ???

Annie

What camera have you got Steven? I suffer from camera rage, and if you bring it Monday I can show you how to get your pictures much sharper and clearer, in a polite friendly manner :thumbsup: (I come across as a cock in text!)

They look pretty cool though, I do like the Nids models though, mostly because of the Aliens rip off similarities, they're on my list of things to investigate if I ever get rich enough/have enough spare time to do another new game/project
I may have the body of a weak and feeble Annie, but I have the heart and stomach of a ghoul!

The Dice Bag Lady Hand made custom dice bags to order!