• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 10:53:41 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Warhammer Quest

Started by BeigeJacket, August 15, 2009, 07:44:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Veldemere

Quote from: Funkadelic Erik on August 18, 2009, 02:39:07 pm
You could, but it's missing out on the best part of the game.

If we can get four, then I might do a single game in Sept.

El Beigio Dano
Ol
Me

Someone else - Veldy Richie?
Hell yes
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0
In the middle of a rage quit

Funkadelic Erik

Ok, I'll run a standalone game and see how much of things I can remember. Doing the full DM stuff is a lot of work, and something that I've not actually done before. I'll tinker with the opponents rules, as they way they currently work you need just about every army under the sun.

Choices of character are

Wizard
Wood Elf
Dwarf
Barbarian
Trollslayer
Warrior Priest
Bret Knight
Witch Hunter
Chaos Warrior
Imperial Noble
Elf Ranger
Pit Fighter
Official Sniper, Troll, Bad Egg and Forum Antagonist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnG6EHh1N4

Pledge 2010: Bought 20 Painted 71

fatolaf

We could make this one of our first OG night games, where we will have no time pressure..

Baggsy I'm the Troll slayer....

Veldemere

Does one tend to play 1 character? And is it random selection or pick?
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0

Funkadelic Erik

Choose who you want, and keep that chap for evermore. They've all got individual rules and stuff, so a self running game is easiest to play.

As it's a standalone game for the moment, you could try a few different people out in different games.

Ol - we could do this at OG. It requires space to lay the floorplans (no one has any idea how large the dungeon is, but it's not excessive), but not a full gaming table to play.

fatolaf

Quote from: Funkadelic Erik on August 19, 2009, 09:28:56 am
Ol - we could do this at OG. It requires space to lay the floorplans (no one has any idea how large the dungeon is, but it's not excessive), but not a full gaming table to play.

We have a perfect gaming table that is too low for WFB but perfect for boardgames, complete with surrounding sofa and comfy chairs... :thumbsup:

Blue Moon

I'd be dead keen to get in on this. Used to play as a teen, and I may be able to unearth a copy from a friend of mine who used to have it. Hope he still does.

Andy

Veldemere

I would love to play this, just say and we can do Mondays!
Ogres 15-11-18
Dwarves 11-1-5
Space Marines 1-1-0

Rob P

I used to play this as a juvenile as well.  I got all misty eyed for this a few months ago and acquired a copy but without miniatures-  I've played a couple of games, and have got hold of some beasties to fill the dungeon, but am still missing quite a few- anyhoo, i'd be keen to get involved or even run a dungeon (if someone else can bring some beasties).  the campaign mode with level advancement is definitely the way to play- half the fun is the stuff after the dungeon. 

Funkadelic Erik

You don't need a huge variety of beasts - write the quest so that all of the enemy options are from the same race, and get someone with that army to bring the models along.

's what I used to do.