• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:43:13 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Painting/Conversion Contest Rules (+banter)

Started by maelzch, July 21, 2009, 08:26:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maelzch

July 21, 2009, 08:26:48 pm Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:33:15 pm by maelzch
Welcome all painters!

The aim is for these contests to run semi-regularly.  The winner will be chosen from the entries by a poll, hence allowing Mods to enter the competitions if they wish.

Each contest will have a theme, at the present time I'll try to keep the themes relatively broad.

-Models from any company may be entered
-The models must have been painted within the time period
-Entries should be posted in the thread for that competition, some WIP shots can be posted in the entries thread
-the more converted the better!
-Preferably enter an unpainted pic of the mini alongside your painted pics
-Max 3 photos per entry

Prizes will be on offer from OG Games, dependant on the number of entrants.

Now go check out the thread for the second painting contest!
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Davespaceman

Can I enter a ogre maneater?

maelzch

July 21, 2009, 10:05:26 pm #2 Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:51:01 pm by maelzch
Quote from: Davespaceman on July 21, 2009, 10:01:19 pm
Can I enter a ogre maneater?

[EDIT] Apologies if you'd started the maneater, this contest is going to be for big monsters (general rule of thumb, count as a large target in warhammer, tho carnosaurs also welcome)

Please can you post other questions in the rules thread?

Cheers,
Maelzch
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'

bart

Lee, a couple of questions;
1. Is it fantasy only? Or would a thing like an eldar avatar or wraithlord count?
2. Something like corpse cart or chaos warshrine? Ridden monsters?

Mulling over possibilities... I had a cool idea for a warshrine for my own little Project X, but it will take ages to build...

maelzch

Quote from: bart on July 21, 2009, 10:55:54 pm
Lee, a couple of questions;
1. Is it fantasy only? Or would a thing like an eldar avatar or wraithlord count?
2. Something like corpse cart or chaos warshrine? Ridden monsters?

Mulling over possibilities... I had a cool idea for a warshrine for my own little Project X, but it will take ages to build...

I'd say 40k things like you've mentioned would be fine, not so sure about corpse cart/warshrine though (unless the model you're planning on is a monster?)

fatolaf

There will be a prize on offer from OG Games, We will offer the winner a choice of prizes all around the £20-25 mark...

Another Richard

Where are you drawing the line, Monsters on monster bases only type monsters or would a Kroxigore (spelling?) or a rat-ogre count?

maelzch

Quote from: Another Richard on July 22, 2009, 10:46:34 am
Where are you drawing the line, Monsters on monster bases only type monsters or would a Kroxigore (spelling?) or a rat-ogre count?

I this this contest is going to be for larger than ogre-sized.  Think giants, dragons, stegs, and other such large beasties! Any mini's that fit the theme for any company are welcome!!

Nick

OK, I'll bite the bullet as my Rhinoxen have been sitting unpainted in the bag for a while...

So my entry - Forgeworld Rhinox with Ogre Bull rider.

Does anyone need to see the unpainted models before we start? If so, I'll bring them to Clapham tomorrow. N

maelzch

July 22, 2009, 06:40:09 pm #9 Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:03:09 pm by maelzch
Quote from: Nick on July 22, 2009, 01:37:04 pm
OK, I'll bite the bullet as my Rhinoxen have been sitting unpainted in the bag for a while...

So my entry - Forgeworld Rhinox with Ogre Bull rider.

Does anyone need to see the unpainted models before we start? If so, I'll bring them to Clapham tomorrow. N

Nah, it's fine, there's an element of trust in people not entering stuff theyve painted before now

(although an unpainted pic alongside your entry wouldnt go amiss!)