• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 12:23:00 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

2011 : Changes to the Club - Council Election & GCN

Started by Mike, January 04, 2011, 10:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Greetings all and Happy New Year.

Last year was an eventful year for the OG Games Club as we moved to, what I believe to be a much better venue than before.  Combined with an increase in the number of members both playing and social and we had a great year.

This year will be better!

There have been conversations going on behind the scenes for a few weeks now and for 2011 we're looking to join the Gaming Club Network (GCN).  By Joining the GCN we're looking to bring some stability to the club through the forming of a 'council', as well as all the benefits the GCN brings (e.g. an entry in White Dwarf).

To meet the requirements for membership we're looking to form, as mentioned above, a council.  This process will take place in January.  In an effort to keep the club run by 'club members', not all the positions are being taken by those of us who currently run the club.  We're looking to you guys as members of OG Games to step up and have a say in the running of the club.

To this end the positions we're looking at for the OG Games Council are:

Pre-filled
Chairman: Mike Wallis
Tournament / Campaign Organiser : Ol

Voted in:

Membership Co-coordinator
Club Secretary

The council will make decisions on all things club related, such as what to buy with the club subs etc.  The positions will also not be fixed, we'll run an 'election' for positions each and every year to make sure everyone who wants to gets a crack of the whip, plus if you want change you have the power to do so.

For now what I want is two things.

1)   Any major objections.  If you don't like it, tell us.  Send me a PM to outline your concerns and we'll take them under consideration.
2)   Expressions of interest in joining the council.  Please express your interest in a PM to myself, ideally with the position you're looking to fill.

Im asking for PM's on this as I want peoples interest to be secret for a reason.  I want people to step forward who want to give it a go and am worried that some people may take the 'oh if they want the position I wont go for it' approach... or 'oh they'd do a better job' etc if they see someone else has gone for it.

Expressions of interest are needed by January 16th.  At which time I'll post up a thread for each position with the candidates.  We'll then run a vote on Thursday 27th January at the club.  Anyone not able to attend will be able to cast their vote over the forum (details to follow later).

Im keeping this thread locked as information will be posted up as and when it becomes available.  I'll create a separate 'public discussion' thread.

Here's to a great 2011.

Mike
In the summer of 2011 he moved North... spreading the word of House OG.

I am Mike of House OG.  Ogger in the North.  And Ginger is coming.

Mike

Update

I have made our interest known to the GCN and 1st contact has been made.

Currently awaiting contact with regards conditions of joining (insurance etc).

Mike

Update

A description of the positions up for vote will be posted this week.

Mike

Mike

Update

Membership Co-Ordinator :

The main role and responsibility will be to keep a track of our member base, both 'social' and playing members.  The main remit will be as the 'face' of OG Games for new and current members.  Getting all members involved in the club and forum.  Meet & Greet new members and help them get integrated and involved in the club, point them in the right direction for games etc.

Club Secretary :

Once / If we join GCN the club secretary will work with the Chairman to keep up to date with the GCN and be a point of contact for any 'relationships' that form from this (e.g inter club event organisation etc).  Club secretary will be responsible for announcing any and all decisions made by the council to the club members. 

Both Roles are not exculsive of the above descriptions.  Other responsibilities will be distributed and discussed at Council meetings.

All council roles carry an equal Vote on all decisions (i.e 1).  Should the council ever be split on any decisions with regards the club,,,,

i.e 2 votes yes, two votes no

Then the decision will be put to public vote by all members.

All Council members will, if not already, become Forum MOD's.

fatolaf

Quote from: Mike on January 04, 2011, 01:02:12 pm
All Council members will, if not already, become Forum MOD's.

As in there will be a 'council' only board on the forum, and council members who are not already mods, will gain access to that board. They won't have full forum mod rights and wont be expected to do any forum mod work...