• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 02:16:54 am

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Maelzch's Mad Medley

Started by maelzch, July 13, 2009, 10:36:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maelzch

alcohol poisoning is par for the course!
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Meals

So whose drawn the short straw of keeping up my fine tradition?  :thumbsup:
There is no problem in life that can't be solved with Heroic Killing Blow:
Plague Furnace, Abomination, Hydra, Wyvern, Arachnarok, Engine of the Gods, Zombie Dragon, Vargulf, Hellcannon. To be continued...

If we assume that there are infinite universes, then in at least one of them, I'm banging Emma Watson. Awesome!

maelzch

Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'

maelzch

Rise, my zombie blog, RISE!

And you thought I'd disappeared! Now my life has sorted itself out down in Bristol, I'm getting back on with my hobbying and gaming.So, here we go...

Alice and the Space Wasps
I made it to Vanquish again this year with Alice and the Space Wasps. it was good to see a good bunch of the OG (and HATE) crowd down for this one.

Bizarrely, despite having at least 2500 points of painted Tyranids, I decided to take a list for Vanquish which needed me to paint three more models in the space of a week!

I just about got them done on time, and I need to go back and redo some of the grey edging at some point.

Firstly, here's my second carnifex. This one was an accidental conversion due to me getting it from ebay with the torso the upside down, but it does give it a good "Rarrrgh!" look.

The other two models I got painted were my two Starship Troopers bugs that I got from Gary a good while back. They served me well as Tyrant Guard throughout Vanquish.

And while I'm on the subject of Vanquish, here's a quick run down of my tournament weekend.

Game 1: Luke Mainwairing with Space Wolves, we had an epic combat near an objective with most of armies for the duration of the whole game. The outcome of which is that Iron Arm (biomancy) is amazing with a Hive Tyrant! Neither of us actually got our own objectives as we both played so aggresively! I however got First Blood, Linebreaker and my Secret Objective (keep the Spider-gon alive), which gave me a Crushing Victory!

Having not played much recently, this put me off to a worryingly good start!

Game 2: Paul McCabe with Daemons. Paul's army had a lot of very cool Adeptus Mechanicus conversions.

Although I managed to get First Blood and my Secret objective (have a Troop unit in his deployment zone), the rest of my army got pasted and I suffered a crushing defeat.

Game 3: Martin Buckland with Necrons. While Martin was new to 40k, his list with three redeploying units was hard as nails and was pretty hard for me to fight against. I cocked up on all counts in this game, including failing my secret objective (seize his troops), giving me a second crushing defeat.

There was the form I was expecting!

Game 4: After a fairly heavy night of drinking with Steven and the HATE boys, doing shots and such in at least 4 different pubs, my first game on the Sunday was up against Jay Gallagher from Clapham with his Dark Eldar. This was a prime example of my rock-paper-scissors list in action, and the vast majority of my bugs got shot down by the space goths. The highlight of the game for me was the pair of carnifexes (carnifii?) squishing Jay's lord and court. Overall a third crushing defeat for me.

Game 5: The final game of the weekend was up against Lewis (I forgot to write down his surname) with his Blood Angels. This game was a good fun one, with both me and Lewis smashing units into each other. Iron Arm again was awesome, with my tyrant kicking in the heads of a bunch of Death Company. I also managed to get my secret mission (Vanquish) thanks to Iron Arm! I saw out the weekend with an 11-8 win.

The overall result for me was middle table obscurity, which wasnt too bad for me, given I was panic learning 40k the week before and I had no counter for flyers at all!

A Song of Blood and Snow
Just a little sneak peek of the next crazy addition to my heavy conversion warriors. More to come on this monster project next time!

More to come next time!

Dave

Cool, sounds like it was a fun event, hopefully next year I'll actually be able to come along.

cunningmatt

Quote from: maelzch on April 18, 2013, 10:07:29 pm
A Song of Blood and Snow
Just a little sneak peek of the next crazy addition to my heavy conversion warriors. More to come on this monster project next time!

More to come next time!

I know what it is, I know what it is, I know what it is!  :thumbsup:

Nice snaps of the battles, love the shot of you vs the Space Wolves looks suitably epic!

Procrastination by Numbers - Update 146:

I'm painting classic Dwarfs!! PbN Update 146