• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:17:22 pm

News:

Come to our store on 1½ Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate, York and play more games....

Music people are into

Started by Stubot, October 19, 2010, 02:12:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shadownova24

Loving the new Avenged Sevenfold tune  :))

Brought : To much
Painted : not enough

khaosgoblin

In my youth I was one of those fanatical supporters who followed bands on whole tours, traveling on my bike, sleeping in tents most of the time.
Top live bands for me then where:

New Model Army (probably the most violent pit crowd, used to be covered in bruises)
The Mission
Fields of the Nephelim
The Levellers (first saw these supporting NMA at the old T&C club)
Creaming Jesus
The Claytown Troupe

Was also a big fan of the Cult/Souther death Cult but lost interest when they changed to middle of the road metal.

Sadly nowadays I dont get to many live shows, although I did see Bullet & Bring me the Horizon with one of my daughters & it was ace. was lined up to take her to see Blink 182 but they cancelled.

Interesting to see that some of you younger folk still like some of the old bands.

Mark
(feeling his age)

maelzch

I've recently been listening to a lot of Buddy Guy's new album, Living Proof, its fantasttic Blues Rock stuff from one of the early Chicago bluesmen. Great to sit in the sun with.

I've also been rocking out with the Foo Fighters new album, which is a great return to from for them
Painted total 2012: Bought:15  Painted: 74
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'
Quote from: Chris TomlinWho knew a Jager obsessed madman could be so creative?

Annie

Quote from: khaosgoblin on May 05, 2011, 12:49:14 pm

New Model Army (probably the most violent pit crowd, used to be covered in bruises)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I may have the body of a weak and feeble Annie, but I have the heart and stomach of a ghoul!

The Dice Bag Lady Hand made custom dice bags to order!

CraigM

From the makers of the classic treadmill video, I present to you the finest Rube Goldberg machine I've ever seen!

Although this song is not all that exciting, I thought the video was worth sharing... for those that get a kick out of things that hit other things and such.

fatolaf

Very good video, and the song not bad either..

I have been listening to an advance copy of the Soundtrack to A Game of Thrones season one by the composer Ramin Djawadi..

Of which this is the title track..

maelzch

I've been listening to a lot of Skindred atm, they're a great mix of Raga, metal, dnb and punk.

They also do a lot of acoustic versions of their stuff!
Quote from: NickAnd thus the true evil of 'Palmer, Hobbykiller' becomes clear...
At night he prances about like some sort of bearded West Country metalhead pixie, planting pink horrors in peoples' army cases and cackling while chanting his mantra, 'it's double sixes my love, take them off, just take them all off'

Steve H

Quote from: maelzch on June 30, 2011, 01:31:38 pm
I've been listening to a lot of Skindred atm, they're a great mix of Raga, metal, dnb and punk.
What the f*ck is Raga!!!?

Why cant people just listen to Rick Astley and Spandau ballet anymore!!?
In the style of Tom Hale... F*ck Ushabti!!!

maelzch

You're clearly just to old steve!

shadownova24

This is an awesome TUNE i love it IN WAVES
Brought : To much
Painted : not enough